When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Railmaster XXL question(s)

deepsea

railmaster xxl is advertised with "syntetic sapphire" so it is mineral on known dealer sites...

are all the same? is there any better railmaster xxl with gen sapphire around?

and how is the quality?

on the photos it looks good... but I wonder, if it is really good then why it is only $138?

is the movement bad? or is there anything bad about the watch overall?

pls let me know.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

About a week ago I got an XXL from Ruby at a cost of only $119 including courier postage to UK and I have to say I am VERY pleased with it.

The case, face, hand, crown and display back are all excellent in that the quality, fit and finish are first class and to my eye are very accurate.

The visible movement is also beautifuly finished although I am not sure if it is "Swiss" or "Asian copy" ETA. In the week that I have had it it has

gained only 2 secs a day. That is COSC standard, I think.

I can't answer you question about the crystal except to say that mine has no AR. The brown croco-leather strap is pretty good as is the clever deployment clasp. I had the gen. on my wrist in an AD very recently and I have to say that the rep. gives very little away to it in build quality and general feel. I also have three gen. Omegas (a Speedmaster Professional Mk111, a Seamaster 30 and a Seamaster Deville) and the XXL does not feel out of place beside

them.

I have spotted two flaws. The stap finish is very shiny whereas the genuine croco-leather is quite matte and also the rep. has brown stitching, not the correct white. The movement is engraved "OMEGA 2201 Swiss Made" but the engraving is out of position. I think that both of these flaws are minor and if you really wanted to go to town an Omega strap is $70 from an AD and probably less on ebay. As you probably know the watch is huge at 49mm diameter but I like big watches and this one looks terrific on the wrist. I had always wanted an XXl but couldn't justify the AD cost and so was very pleased to find this rep. with help from this forum and others. Like you, I wondered just how good it could be at the price but I have to say that in my opinion it is up there with the other "super reps.".

At that price what have you got to lose!

By way of a cautionarytale, before I found this forum with it's excellent advice I bought an XXL rep. from a site called "amatorybiz.com" and got royaly ripped off.

The copy is inaccurate with wrong subdial position courtesy of the "rubbish" Asian auto movement visible through the wrong back engraved "Speedmaster Professional Micheal Schumacher". It also came on the wrong type of stainless bracelet which fitted very badly to the case and was engraved "Seamaster Professional". For this badly made toy I paid $230.

I think the XXL is undeservedly overlooked on the rep. forums. The original is a fine looking classic Omega and the rep. more than does justice to it.

So forget your Submariners, your Panerais and your Planet Oceans and treat yourself to an XXl. I don't think you will regret it. On the contrary I think, like me, you will be delighted with the best rep. bargain out there.

Edited by brianrheffron

railmaster xxl is advertised with "syntetic sapphire" so it is mineral on known dealer sites...

Same ole BS!........ They have M I N E R A L Crystals

are all the same? is there any better railmaster xxl with gen sapphire around?

Yes !!! The first (expensive) 'sample' run of them had Sapphire crystals. Are they around? I own one, TTK owns one....will you find one? doubtful :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Same ole BS!........ They have M I N E R A L Crystals

Yes !!! The first (expensive) 'sample' run of them had Sapphire crystals. Are they around? I own one, TTK owns one....will you find one? doubtful :rolleyes:

Its too big for you Sell it to me instead :D

Thanks for your letter by the way

The first (expensive) 'sample' run of them had Sapphire crystals. Are they around? I own one, TTK owns one....will you find one? doubtful.

The first (expensive) 'sample' run also had fantastic lume. I saw Neil's in the metal and decided there and then I wanted one. Then I found out the production run had mineral crystal (not a good idea with such a big, vulnerable watch) and was probably of lower quality and my interest in it cooled.

So, if either of you two decide to sell yours give me a shout...... :D

I've got one and as stated its mineral , and the strap is one of the worst I've seen on a rep, although its fair to say the dealer told me so before I ordered it, I put one of these on it with deployant,

http://www.strappedfortime.com/DeBeerCroco...ite%20stitching

In brown with white stitching, total bill $68 posted

Pictures please

• 2 months later...