When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

want to save on shipping?

deltatahoe

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Stephan is also lookin for one but atm going through his source (PT) he told me he will let me know what he finds out .

But i would be in also if 4 of us would order from where Pugwash and company ordered from ( i think its Slix) , 4 straps per package as i rember ...

Laz

Hi All,

I'm still waiting for news from PT but it shouldn't be that long anymore...

on april 19 PT said:

"I have heard of news, of a new strap coming in approx 2 weeks time.

This is better than the current straps on the market.

When this is released i can give you an accurate figure".

So, let's wait as it seems a better quality is coming in a week from now.

Cheers

Stephane

Hi All,

I'm still waiting for news from PT but it shouldn't be that long anymore...

on april 19 PT said:

"I have heard of news, of a new strap coming in approx 2 weeks time.

This is better than the current straps on the market.

When this is released i can give you an accurate figure".

So, let's wait as it seems a better quality is coming in a week from now.

Cheers

Stephane

Great news , thanks Stephane !

Looking forward to your next update ... im of buisness trip for 2 weeks but will check for your updates ... just cant alow miself to be late on this one :)

regards Laz

Great news , thanks Stephane !

Looking forward to your next update ... im of buisness trip for 2 weeks but will check for your updates ... just cant alow miself to be late on this one :)

regards Laz

Guys,

PT will contact the factory on may 4th (labour day ...)

When PT comes back to me I will for sure start a new thread and post his price proposal.

Now, I'm not sure I will handle a GroupBuy unless YOU fully understand what is stated here under (sorry if it sounds rude but I feel it's better to be clear as we do not know each other):

- I am not a dealer, a collector, nor willing to make money here.

- I'm only trying to put this toghether to help other humans, who like me, love to collect these things, that's it.

- Everyone is clear about "ordering is paying as fast as possible"

- Orders are orders. Do not commit if you change your mind 24 hours later. If you're drunk when ordering (this may happen as it did happen to me once :animal_rooster: ) pls be a gentleman and honour your order by paying.

- I do not guarantee customs risks of course. So no "Where is my strap, seems to be at customs, Stephane sucks, ...we're not doing business here, and for sure, not a regular hobby either. I'm only trying to help our little community and have enough references in my own life to prove I'm an honest person, which might not be the case of every single anonymous person here, who knows.

- I do not guarantee quality (as I do not check the merchandise myself before it is delivered and that's too late to say anything about it unless they send us a yellow leather strap of course). So please no "it takes dust more than the gen".

- I do not respond to PMs related to a GB. Every order/question must be posted in public.

- Members must have PayPal or MoneyBookers as pmt method. No other way will be accepted.

- REPEAT just in case: Members must have PayPal or MoneyBookers as pmt method. No other way will be accepted.

- No referrals to rep in pmt communication otherwise I'll keep the money, won't send the strap (rather eat it) and forward your money to RWG :winkiss:.

- Pmt communication should be RUBBER.

- Any member putting a claim at PP or MB will be published here in upper case and bold.

- Please note that I am not sending by EMS/DHL/Fedex whatever money you propose. Registered Airmail is my favourite and only method.

- It is agreed that it might take more time to get your strap than you're dreaming of but that is part of the game guys.

- You accept all the above mentionned conditions prior to order. If not, pls deal with someone else.

- This mini group buy is intended for European based members ONLY.

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Conclusion :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If you are still reading this and still willing to get a strap, I sincerely send my congratulations to you :1a:

Please look for the new thread in the next couple of weeks, should it ever happens :lol: .

It will be called something like " PT PO 45mm Rubber strap" in the Omega forum.

Cheers

Stephane

Sounds fair to me :-) im replying on road with a mobile so will be short. Loking forward to ure thread and ordering the strap thx for taking the initiative on this Stephan, appriciated! Regards Laz

Sounds fair to me :-) im replying on road with a mobile so will be short. Loking forward to ure thread and ordering the strap thx for taking the initiative on this Stephan, appriciated! Regards Laz

I can't think of any good reason to, except that you like waiting. The Silix strap is as good as a rep strap gets and available now.

Latest Update from PT:

"HI Stephane,

Yes i know silix had them, but im sure there was a mistake on his version..

I will try to find details

PT"

Having read a lot about the difficulties to put that strap (the current one available) on the PO and the gaps between the strap and the case, I would wait to get more information from PT.

That is what I choose to do anyway for the mini EU group buy.

Cheers

Stephane

Latest Update from PT:

"HI Stephane,

Yes i know silix had them, but im sure there was a mistake on his version..

I will try to find details

PT"

Having read a lot about the difficulties to put that strap (the current one available) on the PO and the gaps between the strap and the case, I would wait to get more information from PT.

That is what I choose to do anyway for the mini EU group buy.

Cheers

Stephane

What a surprise, a dealer trying to encourage someone to spend money with them rather than a competitor... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes, technically, there is a mistake, in that I seem to remember that the three letters of the manufacturing code were changed. As far as I know, and not counting dust-collection, that was the only mistake with them. As R11co said:

I can't think of any good reason to, except that you like waiting. The Silix strap is as good as a rep strap gets and available now.

Yes, technically, there is a mistake, in that I seem to remember that the three letters of the manufacturing code were changed. As far as I know, and not counting dust-collection, that was the only mistake with them.

Indeed. It is in fact only one letter of the product code that has been substituted. The strap is dimensionally identical to the genuine. Any fitting problems are arising from the use of springbars that are too thin.

My own (ETA) uPO from River came with very high quality, thick bars. Another uPO I have handled ('lite' version from Trusty) used skinny ones that bent easily.

Go figure.

Indeed. It is in fact only one letter of the product code that has been substituted. The strap is dimensionally identical to the genuine. Any fitting problems are arising from the use of springbars that are too thin.

My own (ETA) uPO from River came with very high quality, thick bars. Another uPO I have handled ('lite' version from Trusty) used skinny ones that bent easily.

Go figure.

I had a hunch that it was one of the letters that had been changed, but couldn't quite remember, so thought best to mention that it was the 3 letter code :D

Funny things, springbars... I was planning on changing the strap on a watch my mother in law bought me for christmas a few years back, and the first bar came out no problem, but the second one wasn't moving, and in the end, I had to prize it off with a jeweller's screwdriver, and it turned out that the bar was too long, so the sprung sections were jammed shut without room to compress for removal... Oh well, a new springbar shouldn't be too expensive. Chances are I'll be getting one of Jay's PO straps soon, I'll be most interested to see how it fits on the 'junk' PO everyone's been hating on :thumbsupsmileyanim:

What a surprise, a dealer trying to encourage someone to spend money with them rather than a competitor... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hey TeeJay,

I didn't mean Silix is bad nor wanting to say the band is bad...I never dealt with the first one and never saw the second one in person.

It's only that due to my many many custom problems in my country with packs coming from Asia, I do not want to deal with anybody shipping straight from there.

And, at the end of the day, none of the dealers do manufacture themself :whistling:

So, if there is a second generation of this bands, why not wait afterall. That is my conclusion, nothing else.

Cheers

Stephane

Hey TeeJay,

I didn't mean Silix is bad nor wanting to say the band is bad...I never dealt with the first one and never saw the second one in person.

It's only that due to my many many custom problems in my country with packs coming from Asia, I do not want to deal with anybody shipping straight from there.

And, at the end of the day, none of the dealers do manufacture themself :whistling:

So, if there is a second generation of this bands, why not wait afterall. That is my conclusion, nothing else.

Cheers

Stephane

Hey, that's cool, I was just making a joke. I know that there are people who still choose to buy from Andrew and Joshua, I just find it amusing that they are people's 'automatic choice' when it comes to dealer, despite all that has gone in the past, and because Silix has the 22mm PO strap available now. As R11co said, other than a single letter on the product code, it is identical to the gen (other than dust attraction, perhaps) so it seems amusing that people would rather wait for X dealer when Y dealer already has the product they're after :)

Hey, that's cool, I was just making a joke. I know that there are people who still choose to buy from Andrew and Joshua, I just find it amusing that they are people's 'automatic choice' when it comes to dealer, despite all that has gone in the past, and because Silix has the 22mm PO strap available now. As R11co said, other than a single letter on the product code, it is identical to the gen (other than dust attraction, perhaps) so it seems amusing that people would rather wait for X dealer when Y dealer already has the product they're after :)

AAAAAAAAAhhhhhh

Ok

Sorry I didn't get that.

Must be my froglish again.

Anwyay, good news there is a 2nd generation...maybe we will have an ultimate generation rubber band to fit our ultimate po later this year, at xmas :Jumpy:

AAAAAAAAAhhhhhh

Ok

Sorry I didn't get that.

Must be my froglish again.

Anwyay, good news there is a 2nd generation...maybe we will have an ultimate generation rubber band to fit our ultimate po later this year, at xmas :Jumpy:

There's always something new and improved available to spend money on :D