When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Baby Wants a Fake Rolex!

johnboy777

I get to New York City every so often, and on my last trip I told her I'd get her a watch from a street vendor. well, I forgot and ended up going to Macy's to buy her a watch before heading home. I told her a "white lie" and said it was from a street vendor and I got it very cheap --- she loved it, mostly beacuse she thought it purchased on the street for cheap. Well now she wants a fake Rolex...okay, but which one. I have no clue about ladies Rollies.

I'll get it from one of our vendors, of course ... but which watch?

Any ideas? TT or FG, diamonds...etc.? Which model?

Thanks for the ideas, guys.

John

first off, the canal street guys dont have them laying out anymore, so dont be suprised if you dont see any. just ask, and they'll break em out. some might say no if they think you're a cop, but you'll do ok.

Thanks lions,

But, my plan is to use one of our vendors here, and tell her i got it on Canal St. - that way I think I'll get a better watch for her -- problem is I don't really know anything about ladies models, and which model Rollie to get.

problem is I don't really know anything about ladies models, and which model Rollie to get.

Most women like diamonds (and few know or care about whether a watch is quartz or mechanical), but unfortunately the CZ 'diamonds' used on reps look like cheap, fake crap. And unless she either does not plan to wear the watch often or you plan to replace it soon (before the gold plating wears off), I would stick with all stainless steel. I saw a woman wearing a white dial ladies stainless steel datejust with bar index markers this afternoon at Saks, and since it caught my eye that is what I would recommend. These are simple enough that they are pretty hard to ID as being a rep (since they do not have much bling, most people assume they must be real), so the worst that might happen is that someone will think you were too 'cheap' to buy her a $10k gold watch and settled instead for a $5k Rolex Datejust. It is a tough world.

Most of the dealers here sell some variation of this

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...9f66bcde3f8be4a

Some dealers will even custom make the style you want (in case you want a different dial or whatever).

And unless she either does not plan to wear the watch often or you plan to replace it soon (before the gold plating wears off), I would stick with all stainless steel.

I agree, I think stainless is the way to go. I bought the wifey a ss ladies DJ from paul with cz on the dial... very hard to tell they are cz through the crystal. Then I added a 18k white gold VS1 diamond bezel (about $700), the bezel is not a necessity off the bat. I gave it to her with the "stock" fluted bezel for our anniversary..then gave her the diamond bezel on her birthday. She was VERY happy on both occasions and I think the watch looks awesome. It gets tons of compliments when she wears it...

230451-12284.jpg

Good luck!!

Yachtie on a Nato strap... never thought about that ... but it sounds like an unusual promising combo... I reckon you should go for a full size datejust ... there is just something about women wearing mens watches that drive me crazy ...

My wife got great mileage out of this watch from Paul

http://www.wo-mart.com/product_info.php?cP...products_id=203

She liked it so much, she went out and bought a gen on ebay, but as is the case when you buy a used Rolex, you have to factor the price of servicing into your purchase. Heck, she spent more servicing the gen than the rep costs.

The two tone rep holds up well, the clasp is ss, and your only wear point is the crown. And of course, women aren't as rough on a watch as men.

Stay away from any watch that is gold on gen. Weight will give it away. I got wife a ss yachtmaster from Josh but was very disappointed as it seems no dealer can replicate the platinum dial (lloked creamy gray). I would recommend watch below as gen is SS and gen is quartz movement. I git for wife and she is looking forward to receiving.

Gen costs abot 8K so not out of hand gen price for peers who know what the watch cost for real. that pearlmaster masterpiece aboce is white gold in gen and cost about 17K

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main...products_id=761

Making a woman think you paid less than you actually did? I prefer the opposite :)

I recommend the SS datejust ladies. My girlfriend has a gen and loves it. She has made it known to me that she wants a cartier tank next. I think either of those are great; I prefer the datejust.

• 1 month later...
Guest avitt

I like the pearlmaster reps for ladies, but they are not particularly accurate. (My sister has the gen of the watch shown by JFreeman above, and there is no comparison with my wife's pink PM from Paul). Just pick a style that you think she'll like, and go with it...