When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trade section removed

Admin

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You all can see I dont have many post, I have changed my name on all forums due to my current business. It is not good for me to have clients goolge me and come up with replicas. In any case I have many post under my other name and have been here for years. I REFUSE TO LET THEM DESTROY MY PASSION!

If it's not too late, I really think an invite-only policy would be a good idea at least on a going forward basis. Not sure what could be done about existing members. Coop has suggested some kind of verification and/or posting requirement. That is, if you have a certain number of posts, you're fine. If you have a zero or low posting number, you'd have to provide some kind of reference in order to keep your membership. Just an idea, but I think it's a good one. Again, it may be too late to do any good, but I think it's worth discussing.

I agree that as long as there are gens, there will be reps. They may become more difficult to get, and we may see a return to the bad old days of crappy quality reps, but you're talking about a multi-million--if not billion-- dollar industry. I mean, just take a look at Andrew's or Josh's website. They have literally hundreds and hundreds of models of reps on there, and they're just two suppliers. I view rep trading and buying in much the same way as torrent downloading. As soon as you knock down one site, three more will spring up to replace it.

Guys,, it is obvious that we are all being watched. RIGHT??

So.. is this issue best discussed behind closed doors, or RIGHT HERE IN THE OPEN???

I dont think throwing around ideas here is the best for anyone to do. Let ADMIN take care of things

so that he...."becomes compliant" and.... "let the chips fall where they may" ... RIGHT?

| READ | :)

I agree that we should let this up to the admin and mods. But I would suggest that maybe they should take a look at the thread over at the other-site-that-dare-not-bare-its-name. There have been quite a few good suggestions over there, imo.

Guest overboosted
the other-site-that-dare-not-bare-its-name.

lol

gotta love the bbs filter

good idea

we should just be cool, hang out, and let the admin handle this,,,,,he will do what is best for us

and stop referring to other boards here and elsewhere,,,,only will cause problems

in meantime,,,shop elsewhere

life is good

50 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

Rep will never go away. There have been reps as long as there have been gens most likely. But getting them could become increasingly difficult.

Back in the early-mid eighties, they WERE difficult to obtain. To start with, there was no WWW, and you had to know someone, who knew somone, who could put you in touch with the right people in order to get a look at a rep! And even then, many times they wouldn't sell to you if they didn't feel 'good' about you. First time I saw a replica was when a friend of my dad came to the house with a suitcase full of 'em. The only other source was a jeweler who had a 'back room'. This guy was VERY difficult to get a meeting with!

I agree that there will always be replica's of expensive products. Always. The method of obtaining them will change with the current political/economic environment though. I have a suspicion that it will become more difficult again, soon, before it gets easier.

SR