When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Trade section removed

Admin

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally I think people have been making our hobby WAY to public, easpecially with all the pieces that have surfaced on TZ. It also seems that the Hublot CEO might be a member here and also a couple of the moderators at TZ. We can only blame ourselves. BUT let us not forget; RWG is primarely here to discuss replica watches :tu:

Personally I think people have been making our hobby WAY to public, easpecially with all the pieces that have surfaced on TZ. It also seems that the Hublot CEO might be a member here and also a couple of the moderators at TZ. We can only blame ourselves. BUT let us not forget; RWG is primarely here to discuss replica watches :tu:

Agreed 100%. Guys walking in to ADs and showing of their reps to the disbelief of the shopkeepers does nothing but hurt our hobby either.

Like the last time this happened, I feel that the creation of a photo gallery, where people could place photos of their own watches would be cool. That way, if any members had questions about the watches, they could PM them. It would be a great way to exchange information about the watches seen in the pictures. I would be particularly keen on seeing the watches of a few members who have lots & lots of cool ones- just for information's sake...

:whistling:

-O

Like the last time this happened, I feel that the creation of a photo gallery, where people could place photos of their own watches would be cool. That way, if any members had questions about the watches, they could PM them. It would be a great way to exchange information about the watches seen in the pictures. I would be particularly keen on seeing the watches of a few members who have lots & lots of cool ones- just for information's sake...

-O

Kind of art imitating life.

JTB

Really not surprising. Reps have a history of being cheap cheezy knockoffs, and posed no threat to the swiss watch market. With the advent of the high quality 1 to 1 reps that we have been seeing lately, watch enthusiasts are very likely to settle for a high quality rep over a high priced gen. It was only a matter of time before something like this would happen, and I fear that it will get much worse in the coming years. I've justified buying more watches than I need simply because I view this as a short term hobby, and that one day it will all be shut down.

I fully agree with you. I'm quite new to reps and has been on this board for only a year. One of my first thoughts at that time was that this will come to an end in it's existing form quite soon. Why ? I think it's a mix of the following:

- political enviorment wrt replica goods in general, e.g the US vs. China 'conflict', which is now a WTO matter.

- quality of reps anticipated to be better and better by the (gen) industry

- fools that just have to go to an AD and provoke the AD's by putting the rep under their nose

- fools that provoke on gen boards

I might be wrong, but I think some of the rep owners really have triggered some of the big guys this way - ref. the fake BB on TimeZone.

Talking about that, could there be some connetion here - the CEO of Hublot promised to take action in that tread......

Guest overboosted

somebody,,,,put up the distress signal so Rongoms can help out......he had a setup that he claimed could never be shut down,,,,but he hasn't been with us lately,,,,i will let him know what is going on here....

what you need to do is set up a "photo exchange" or "Trading forum" where member s"Cannot deal in watches--but we priovide as a service to our membership"

no laws against selling "jeans" "Caps" "shoes" or "items found on ebay"

Now if some ingenious lad devloped a key for the coding:

"Jeans" could be a Panerai , etc etc etc

How about validating members or requiring an "I agree" clause that you are not affiliated with ... Keep all those CEO's and paneristi's off the forum. :lol:

I am not worried about access to reps. The business has taken off and you aren't keeping this genie in the bottle. Stealing intellectual property and knocking it off is a central tenet of the largest populace in the world. 80% of what is produced is sold in that country. And by the way that country is building up well over a trillion dollars of trade surplus. Who is gonna take them on? A central government with that kind of financial might can ruin any currency it wants. In spite of all the wishful thinking, this business has dramatically expanded - not shrunk. Think about the last time when RWG 1 got hit. There were one or two websites and several photo-buckets. Now it is a much more professional business with far more readily available access. The Hublot's and Rolexes have to do everything in their power to protect their intellectual property but the only defense is truly defensible intellectual property. IMHO, Rolex has not made a significant advance in years other than lowering the cost of their manufacturing through use of machines. To their credit, Hublot has come up with some design innovations but is still sticking with stock movements. There is a reason why only the most basic VC's and Pateks's can be well-rep'ed.

More importantly, I do hope a workable solution can be arranged. After four years and numerous ups and downs, the quality of aesthetic is better and the business is bigger. Trying to shut down forums like this will not slow down the trade. But it will allow gen manufacturers to feel better and in the short term makes it inconvenient.

Just sent a pm to Adm about a switchblade forum that I have been a member of for years (for educational purposes only of course!). It is called "The Switchblade Forum" and it is hosted by Delphi Forums. If Delphi allows switchblades, they've got to allow a rep forum. Just an idea.

Anyone heard from any of our dealers about this? I'd imagine it would be of somewhat less concern to people like Andrew, Josh, etc. who have their own websites, but more troubling for people like River, Ruby, and Neil.

Any constructive ideas instead of just complaining..?

I am already working on a solution. And constructive ideas about this might not be a good idea to discuss in public ;)

-O

We already have the possibility here for most members to create their own gallery;

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?act=mo...;module=gallery

Just sent a pm to Adm about a switchblade forum that I have been a member of for years (for educational purposes only of course!). It is called "The Switchblade Forum" and it is hosted by Delphi Forums. If Delphi allows switchblades, they've got to allow a rep forum. Just an idea.

The problem here is not that we are a rep forum. It is perfectly legal to talk about and discuss replicas. It's the selling part that is getting us into problems.