When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fighting words

capt_cope

Shoot (pun intended), I thought it was higher then 11,000. Still, according to Interpol, we are 24th per capitas for murder. 'accepting', no way!

Indeed he does. And so do I. And so does my neighbor. And so does.... The funny thing about us Americans is that we're proud to live in a country based on the principles of a limited free republic under which one person's rights - my rights - stand up against the masses. So that when Rosie O'Donnell and her presumed million moms (plus TTK?) think that they can march into Washington and produce a petition which will take away my 2nd (or any) Amendment, that is absolutely baseless and absurd. My rights, his rights, my neighbor's rights are non-negotiable. And thank God for that.

As far as I know it is 30.000 dying in result of actions with guns per year in the USA- I know all statistics are wrong but the number is so HUUUUUUGE. It is so obvious that there is indeed a connection between gun availability and casualties. Still most americans refuse to change anything.

In Germany we had a total number of 212 shot dead in 2005, suicides and accidents included. We have a population of 82.000.000, the USA have 300.888.812.

That means we need 141 times our population to reach the USA's level of caualties...

I understand your point not to give up any point of your constitution.

We have untouchable points in our constitution as well such as dignity.

But maybe a little restriction would be of help?

Just discussing.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The other day I was walking with my wife and her mother to a well-known electronics shop. It is in a good part of town and it was daylight.

After parking the car, we got out and were talking about a laptop computer we intended to purchase for my brother-in-law for his birthday. I could hear a man standing near a pick-up truck while arguing with a young woman who was attempting to get into the truck and drive away. It seemed that they knew each other. Another man was standing idly by the shouting man; apparently, he was a friend of his. At the point we passed them nearest the row of parked cars on our side, about seven meters to our right, the shouting man turns to us and yells "What the f@ck are you looking at, b#tch?!" as my wife glanced at all the yelling and screaming activity. I realized what he said and just kept my peripheral vision on the situation as we continued walking towards the store. My wife nervously looked straight ahead and I reassured her to not worry and we just kept on the previous conversation. Then, the man returns to the argument and says "I swear if people keep showing up, I'm just going to start shooting motherf#ckers!” At which point adjusted my pants in order to feel for the concealed Glock 19 I have a legal concealed carry permit for. We kept walking. Nothing happened. But, if he had threatened my wife, or her mother, or me, with a gun, he would probably have about three extra holes in him today.

Now, I'm highly trained in the use of firearms. I know most people are not. So, I do find myself concerned about some people's marksmanship skills and their shot placement, even when they are trying to defend themselves (even if they are "trained" police officers). However, I'm sure most criminals do not apply for legal permits to carry guns they intend to perpetrate crimes with. Even if a law was made to ban the production of all firearms in the United States and to confiscate all existing firearms, criminals will always gain access to them through a black market system and then use their illegally obtained weapons to harm civilians who would have absolutely no right to carry any firearms. Illicit drugs, for instance, are illegal. Yet, I wouldn't have to go far to get some should I be so inclined.

When I was a kid, New York City had an unfortunate incident where a drunk man used a gallon of gasoline he purchased to put a night club on fire (March 25, 1990). In the end, 69 people lay dead. It was mass murder by a deranged man. Although, the incident sparked changes in the building occupancy codes, fire was not banned and neither were gasoline stations or night clubs. The blame was focused on the man who set out to torch a heavily occupied building in order to kill, at least, one human being because he was angry.

When another country encounters a deadly, or violent, incident that appears symptomatic of social ills, our natural response is to point the finger and criticize their ways so that we can feel superior, or safer, or better. This was very apparent when France encountered recent periods of civil unrest after the deaths of two Muslim minority adolescents subsequent to a police chase. I remember many in the US pointing to France and saying, "This is the result of a failed social experiment." I guess it makes us feel better to stand morally above others and point to how much better we do things.

End the case of the Virginia Tech murders; I blame the young man that shot those 32 people, and then him. In the end, the killer will find his tools for killing be that tool gasoline, ammonium nitrate, or a gun. Man has killed since the beginning of time.

In the end, it is refreshing to see some genuine concern in this matter. Where some of you do everyone a disservice is where you take personal interest in attacking each other here and our respective ways of life. To me, that IS a waste of good bandwidth.

Edited by Nouns Defions

In the end, it is refreshing to see some genuine concern in this matter. Where some of you do everyone a disservice is where you take personal interest in attacking each other here and our respective ways of life. To me, that IS a waste of good bandwidth.

I'm going to have to ask. What is the pun with your name Nouns Defions? I don't get it, but is it to do with defiant words?

As far as I know it is 30.000 dying in result of actions with guns per year in the USA- I know all statistics are wrong but the number is so HUUUUUUGE. It is so obvious that there is indeed a connection between gun availability and casualties. Still most americans refuse to change anything.

In Germany we had a total number of 212 shot dead in 2005, suicides and accidents included. We have a population of 82.000.000, the USA have 300.888.812.

That means we need 141 times our population to reach the USA's level of caualties...

I understand your point not to give up any point of your constitution.

We have untouchable points in our constitution as well such as dignity.

But maybe a little restriction would be of help?

Just discussing.

I have to correct myself.

I read the number "30.000" in a schoolspaper. I do not know how he got to this number - but even if you take 11.000, it is still 41 times our population. That is 3.9 billion people to have 11.000 dead because of firearms.

I'm going to have to ask. What is the pun with your name Nouns Defions? I don't get it, but is it to do with defiant words?

The real phrase should be "Nous Defions". If you Google "Nous Defions" and "Special Forces" you'll get a better idea as to the meaning. There was another fellow with the name on another board so I added the extra "n" for distinction between the two.

I have to correct myself.

I read the number "30.000" in a schoolspaper. I do not know how he got to this number - but even if you take 11.000, it is still 41 times our population. That is 3.9 billion people to have 11.000 dead because of firearms.

30,000 sounds about right. So many numbers get thrown around. Of course more then half of those are suicides. Either way, it is a problem and needs to be addressed. In the world list of problems, it is small when compared to war, famine, decease of all sorts, terrorism etc.

I think folks reading this thread are just getting a taste of what a hot topic this is here in the states... and what a difficult one. On the bright side, firearm related crime has been dropping since the mid 90's.

BYW... 212! There must be more beer related deaths then firearm related deaths! ;)

The real phrase should be "Nous Defions". If you Google "Nous Defions" and "Special Forces" you'll get a better idea as to the meaning. There was another fellow with the name on another board so I added the extra "n" for distinction between the two.

I am aware of Nous Defions (I'm french/english bilingual) and its role in your military, but I never got your misspelling. Now I do, thanks. :D

You can't read more than a few sentences...because you have a very poor sense of comprehension....( maybe it's the effect of all those Skoal bandits ).....as for drivel....that's your specialty.....your whole argument was facetious and is based on one factor.....YOUR rights......doesn't mater what anyone else thinks.....YOU want YOUR rights....YOU have a RIGHT to enjoy yourself......even if that means killing a lot of paper.....and a few small animals in the process......your an intellectual GIANT..... you can be accused of being inaniloquent and sialoquent...( but once again that may be attributable to Skoal.....after all you can't beat it...).....and not least you definitely seem guilty of apanthropinization......that much seems apparent from your writings here...!

You really don't like the epithet WMD do you......it's ok for your Gubbamint to use it when they feel it's appropriate.....but YOU don't like it.....it hits a nerve with you.....doesn't it......I wonder why....perhaps because it shows you in your true light.....a supporter of WMD's,.....the acronym is entirely fitting in this circumstance.......if the media and officials can refer to this massacre as MASS MURDER.......then it's entirely appropriate to invest in an acronym that would describe the Weapon of Mass Destruction....used to MASS MURDER the victims at VT.......not to mention Columbine and all the others.....!

BTW....I've been a member of many fora......the word fora is plural for forum.....a forum is Latin for an area dedicated to open speech......I speak on internet fora as I would speak in an actual fora......I pause for consideration.....or to clarify a point.....I RAISE my voice to emphasize it...!

It's my STYLE of speech, however, if you would wish me to converse in a conventional manner, with emphasis on proper writing style and proper syntax, I can.........but won't .....to suit you.....so my last comment to you has to do with sex and travel......please feel free to indulge at your leisure.....or if not...perhaps you can get your 'collection' of WMD's out and indulge in a little mental masturbation with your toys......!

BTW...how about a few shots of you posturing with your FAL ASSAULT weapon......or maybe a couple of your handguns......I'm sure the members here would love to see them.......c'mon......you're a good ole boy...good ole boys aren't shy........plus old Charlton would be proud of you holding up your end......: B)

Again I didn't waste my time reading much of that, after all you don't want to go to the effort of changing your writing style to suit me. No problem, but I'm not going to go to the effort to read what you have to say.

Pictures? No problem Here are a couple of my FAL (it's a DSA) and one of my Socom 16. Also included are my Emerson Super CQC-7 and Surefire E2E.

236349-11180.jpg

236349-11181.jpg

236349-11182.jpg

236349-11183.jpg

Oh and here's a slightly older one of me shooting my Walther P88

236349-11184.jpg

Again I didn't waste my time reading much of that, after all you don't want to go to the effort of changing your writing style to suit me. No problem, but I'm not going to go to the effort to read what you have to say.

Pictures? No problem Here are a couple of my FAL (it's a DSA) and one of my Socom 16. Also included are my Emerson Super CQC-7 and Surefire E2E.

236352-11175.jpg

236352-11176.jpg

236352-11177.jpg

236352-11178.jpg

Oh and here's a slightly older one of me shooting my Walther P88

236352-11179.jpg

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

No one has anything to fear from law abiding citizens who own or carry guns, plain and simple, case closed

S'funny....he was a law abiding citizen right up to the point he wasn't.....I mean...even your court system didn't convict him of any crime......hence he was able to secure the WMD's.......perhaps you should tell the families of the victims that they have nothing to fear....!

Incidentally......the wind of change is rising.....all it's gonna take is the next Mr.Cho....( who's already planning his 15 minutes of fame.....unfortunately 15 mins is not going to be enough for him.....he'll choose a lifetime of infamy..)...and the killing spree will start all over again......as sure as your brown rosebud points toward the ground....!

@ Cap'n..... ( do I have to salute ya ...when I call you that ).......I'm absolutely underwhelmed that you choose not to read my post....I suspect you haven't been reading too much anyway.....it's too much like work isn't it...trying to comprehend what I say........especially when you could be playing with your TOYS.....BTW...nice sofa......how'd ya fit it thru the trailer door......but don't you keep up with trends....grey was the new black last year.......!

Thanks for the photos....CAP'N... say how'd ya get the moniker Cap'n anyway......are you a Cap'n of Industry.....a military Cap'n.....or a Cap'n at your local KKK get togethers..( no....that would be a Grand Wazoo wouldn't it )....anyway do tell .......I'd be LMAO.......if it wasn't so unfunny......21 years old...Jebus at 21 I was out shooting my WMD at as many young ladies as possible.....and boy were they devastated when they saw it.....still it did them no lasting harm.......just gave them the wisdom to avoid young guys that call themselves Cap'n......p'raps that's why you're playing with your guns.....p'raps I'm indirectly responsible.......:lol: :lol:

Here's a photo of me with my WMD as a baby......make love not war....as John said....and no...not Mr Wayne....!

236364-11171.jpg

Edited by TTK

I grew up in the US and lived in the UK for the past few years. I feel much safer walking to the pub/bar/club and not worrying about getting shot. I feel safe walking in downtown South London knowing no one can mug me with a gun. I grew up in the west where everyone owns a gun and drive-by shootings are a everyday occurance. People getting hit from stray bullets happen a few times a year, and accidental gun deaths involving kids seems to happen monthly. Not having guns here gives me one less thing to worry about, and one less tool for criminals to use. I still enjoy knowing I can own a gun in the US, but as an experinced hunter. I now use a bow. When I use a gun it is just killing an animal and takes no skill anymore. Bow tags are also cheaper and easier to aquire. I also hunt mule deer which is the most difficult deer to hunt and they live in the most rugged terrain. I think we should have more gun control in the US, such as mandating training and who can use a firearm. We live in two very different cultures with very different views on many things. Fast food kills more people and I dont see anyone completly banning that.

No one has anything to fear from law abiding citizens who own or carry guns, plain and simple, case closed. :victory:

that is the most overly simplistic thing i have read to in this thread today. unbelievable. do you realize that the korean national who shot up VA tech was law abiding right up until the time he committed the crime?

Fast food kills more people and I dont see anyone completly banning that.

NYC and Chicago are both crafting laws to prevend fast food chains from using trans fats in their products.

sorry, could not resist.

Nasty stuff, that.

236451-11163.gif

(A Grafton 12 centimetre Parabellum Cheddar)

"Thank you for Smoking"

Does any one else find those pics slightly disturbing? and i dont mean TTKs

Why would anyone find them disturbing.....after all...he's 21.......and has the 2nd Amendment behind him......it's his RIGHT to mix youthful enthusiasm with an attitude..........and acohol right there along with heavy duty military hardware.......I don't think the Founding Fathers would find it disturbing...... :wacko:

Personaly I'd like to see his photos removed.......why......oh not because they're offensive.......because when the [censored] goes down.......and Greta van Sustern is doing her special.....I don't want her splattering the photos all over FNC...thereby attracting more attention to RWG.....s'bad enuff when we get rumbled by you know who....but this will bring new meaning to the old cliche about reps funding terrorism......B)

Edited by TTK

Why would anyone find them disturbing.....after all...he's 21.......and has the 2nd Amendment behind him......it's his RIGHT to mix youthful enthusiasm with an attitude..........and acohol right there along with heavy duty military hardware.......I don't think the Founding Fathers would find it disturbing...... :wacko:

Personaly I'd like to see his photos removed.......why......oh not because they're offensive.......because when the [censored] goes down.......and Greta van Sustern is doing her special.....I don't want her splattering the photos all over FNC...thereby attracting more attention to RWG.....s'bad enuff when we get rumbled by you know who....but this will bring new meaning to the old cliche about reps funding terrorism......B)

Three words: Go [censored] Yourself. String them together you get the phrase that pays. Go ahead and call me whatever the hell you like. Unlike some, I'm pretty well adjusted, and can take it without getting too upset. After all, when I do start getting angry at the things you say, all I have to do is remember, you're not American, your viewpoint doesn't matter. :irvine: