When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

B&R with swiss ETA 2892 on Kings site

ajoesmith

I doubt that is swiss eta 2892...more likely a rep with the famous asian copy movement, like other dealers have...just King didn't upgrade the info on her site because of not being so popular dealer as josh and trusty on the forums and selling more to the other part of the world and still manages to fool the buyers...just my way of thinking...but hey, i might be wrong!

But they are new items on kings website and posted as SWISS 2892 & ASIAN 2892. Only in PVD and TT PVD with rubber strap!

then i might be wrong with my previous statement...If she says it swiss 2892, then it is!...interesting, now we could actually spende some more $$$...this is bad info for my bank account...already today made a deal on a 330$ PAM...do I need this too?

I am betting it is Swiss. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I still can't rationalize wearing that thing on my wrist though. You have to have a 10" wrist to wear a 46mm square. :lol:

No you don't! I have a 7 3/4 Inch wrist and it sits on it just fine!!

gallery_4526_22_65600.jpg

@ Catergoy 5

I was under the impression that the original had ETA-2892.

If you mean trhe rep, it was using a very cheap asian movement even though the ads said ETA 2892, and then subsequently Asian ETA 2892. This movement does not even have a passing resemblance to an ETA 2892 or even the Seagull ST-18 (according to The Zigmeister).

no I meant the genuine watch: I remember reading that it has an ETA-2892.

So I dont see why it would not fit the replica case.

Perhaps the replica watch case is not really 1:1, or perhaps it needs access from the back where the stamped "screws" are.

Perhaps the replica watch case is not really 1:1, or perhaps it needs access from the back where the stamped "screws" are.

I think the screws on the back are just for the strap lugs. You get a table attachment for the BR-01 and I think you'll need to remove the lugs for that.

This is interesting news, as when it was discovered that the 'first batch' of the 1:1 copies did not have an ETA mechanism, The Zigmeister did in fact advise that the ETA would not actually fit in the case.

If a new version was available, I would assume that Josh and Andrew had access to it also.

N.

• 4 weeks later...