When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I've joined Pug at RWI - Banned

andreww

RWI used to be good, but there is no-one willing to rein in Klink.

[intercourse reference] RWI and [intercourse reference] the horse it rode in on. The place is a mess and the only purpose it serves now is to give the sort of people we don't want here a refuge, keeping them from felching in these hallowed halls.

I understand your anger and sympathize with your situation. However, RWI still has many good people, good information, and is a fun environment to enjoy our hobby in. Putting a blanket statement over the entire forum and its members is hurtful, as most of the members just want to be rid off all the drama and talk about watches and other interesting things. I have learned a great deal from Pug and Andreww, and not having them their to share information, when helpful, is a loss. I know I don't understand most of what is behind all of the recent anger and resentment, but I do know I have learned a great deal and have enjoyed reading and talking about my favorite hobby at RWI...just the same as RWG and TRC. I have never posted in one of the "heated" threads before, but I felt strongly on this one. If you have to carry anger, let it be towards the people that you felt did you wrong, and not blanketed over the entire forum. Thanks guys.

Edited by chief3630

If you have to carry anger, let it be towards the people that you felt did you wrong, and not blanketed over the entire forum. Thanks guys.

[censored] Klink and [censored] the [censored] he [censored] when he [censored] since he always [censored] and never [censored]. I'm [censored] out of [censored] patience with [censored] Klink and his [censored] unintelligible [censored], so personally, I can't [censored] anymore.

And you can [censored] tell that [censored] Klink that that's what I [censored] said!

Life Is [censored] Good!

I understand your anger and sympathize with your situation. However, RWI still has many good people, good information, and is a fun environment to enjoy our hobby in. Putting a blanket statement over the entire forum and its members is hurtful, as most of the members just want to be rid off all the drama and talk about watches and other interesting things. I have learned a great deal from Pug and Andreww, and not having them their to share information, when helpful, is a loss. I know I don't understand most of what is behind all of the recent anger and resentment, but I do know I have learned a great deal and have enjoyed reading and talking about my favorite hobby at RWI...just the same as RWG and TRC. I have never posted in one of the "heated" threads before, but I felt strongly on this one. If you have to carry anger, let it be towards the people that you felt did you wrong, and not blanketed over the entire forum. Thanks guys.

along that vein - i used to be very involved with a couple of main car racing sites. having built and raced my cars myself i really do know what i am talking about. as did a few others....dumb moderation and stupidity meant i, along with many knowledgeable people, left. all went downhill after that and looking recently it is 99% useless or incorrect info.

[censored] Klink and [censored] the [censored] he [censored] when he [censored] since he always [censored] and never [censored]. I'm [censored] out of [censored] patience with [censored] Klink and his [censored] unintelligible [censored], so personally, I can't [censored] anymore.

And you can [censored] tell that [censored] Klink that that's what I [censored] said!

Life Is [censored] Good!

... what a [censored] great post, ryyannon... :clap2:

You mean the forum's admin team? Sure, but they are the forum.

i agree completely.

if the admin team lets loose cannons edit posts and ban contributing (and productive) members in a totally capricious and arbitrary manner than that's what they get. when they started making newbies with a month on the board mods and letting them run roughshod over long term members the handwriting was on the wall. if they want a private club, cool. just don't take my money to fund it :whistling:

as i said before 90% or more of the posts there are useless drek nowdays. personally i would not even want to see most of them here. their "oh we are the dark side" zeitgeist reeks of the mall ninja attitude that's ruined a lot of the knife collector forums...

what has klink EVER posted ANYWHERE that is 1% as valuable as pug's photo tutorials???

when they started making newbies with a month on the board mods and letting them run roughshod over long term members the handwriting was on the wall.

I agree with this thread mostly but this right here is just wrong. You have no facts to back this up. The whole time dawg was a moderator he never banned one member and you cannot prove otherwise. Why would you slander someone without knowing the facts? And for you information sir dawg is the one that stepped down because of all the rubbish.

I agree with this thread mostly but this right here is just wrong. You have no facts to back this up. The whole time dawg was a moderator he never banned one member and you cannot prove otherwise. Why would you slander someone without knowing the facts? And for you information sir dawg is the one that stepped down because of all the rubbish.

you have no idea what or who i'm talking about. therefore you have no idea what you are talking about.

slander? who?

buy a legal dictionary with the money you have saved by not bothering to become a paid member here :rolleyes:

My apologies Longshot I misread your point. You are correct I like this place and I do plan on paying for a membership. again my apologies.

you have no idea what or who i'm talking about. therefore you have no idea what you are talking about.

slander? who?

buy a legal dictionary with the money you have saved by not bothering to become a paid member here :rolleyes:

My apologies Longshot I misread your point. You are correct I like this place and I do plan on paying for a membership. again my apologies.

accepted and appreciated :)

this place is very different from RWI. i've been on watch forums since early 2000 and the rep forums for a couple years. RC, RWG one etc. beside SCF this is the best i've found.

it's nicer here. the information is generally more accurate and people are more friendly. pug is a friend and andreww's podcasts are very cool and a great contribution to the forums. watching them (and others...) banned by a crazy person who contributes nothing but incoherent babbling pisses me off :thumbdown:

accepted and appreciated :)

this place is very different from RWI. i've been on watch forums since early 2000 and the rep forums for a couple years. RC, RWG one etc. beside SCF this is the best i've found.

it's nicer here. the information is generally more accurate and people are more friendly. pug is a friend and andreww's podcasts are very cool and a great contribution to the forums. watching them (and others...) banned by a crazy person who contributes nothing but incoherent babbling pisses me off :thumbdown:

Now I agree with you 100% again! I think tim should demote all admin and start over! Bring Pug and andreww back! I think this will be the only way that tim can save his forum this way he shows good faith to all members and it is the right thing to do. Because as long as klink is able to run rampid his forum is doomed.

I just mentioned "Mr Pugwash" in a post over there. It was auto edited to "Mr Banned".

I object to this. And will do something about it.

Probably something equally childish... :lol:

Hey that's the HFC we know and love :lol:

Ken

Life Is [censored] Good!

I guess there is no need to mention that I've activated our "Bad word"-filter again ;)

I just mentioned "Mr Pugwash" in a post over there. It was auto edited to "Mr Banned".

They're that scared of me that they made my name a banned word.

Mere mention of my name can strike them with fear, apparently. I'm reminded of Dune and the weirding way.