When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW - How come everyone picks the black dial?

Watchmeister

I am contemplating the purchase of a DW. I notice that 95% of the ones shown on the forum are black dial. Is that because the dials are more accurate or simply personal preference? And as long as I am asking noobish questions, which movement allows for the proper dial and pusher placement on the 116520 (actually whichever contemporary model has the running seconds at 9 o'clock)? Every time I am ready to pull the trigger, I get gun shy. This Daytona thing is complex. The MBW vintage is much more straight forward in terms of what to buy and what the priority mods are. :)

Most people tend to like darker dials - the ralex black sub is one of the most popular. I've always had a liking for a lighter dial, but maybe that's because I am darker! The Omega Seamaster GMT in white dial (I have black dial too) is just lovely.

Good luck in finding answers to your question, I'd be interested too to see if the black dial version is more accurate.

I think it is actually easier to see a black dial with white letters/numbers. In fact, I noticed that not only are all of my dials dark, but I also use a dark background and lighter font when I type if I can change the preferences. I have a 113 dial I tried over and over again to like but just can't get into it at all...

I just noticed my membership no is 113, wish I could have gotten 112...

I think it is actually easier to see a black dial with white letters/numbers. In fact, I noticed that not only are all of my dials dark, but I also use a dark background and lighter font when I type if I can change the preferences. I have a 113 dial I tried over and over again to like but just can't get into it at all...

I just noticed my membership no is 113, wish I could have gotten 112...

I prefer writing black on a white background, find it easier to see :thumbsupsmileyanim:

With watches, I like having a mixture... but no white dial PAMs yet...

Ubiquitous-

You know the answer to this question. :D Is the black dial any more accurate than the white or is it simply personal preference. I have so many black chronos I am tempted by the white. But since I only want to own one DW vintage, I would like get it right. On this one I am partial to the white dial as well. :)