When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Back from my break.

RWG Technical

Well where did the time go. Although I took a two week break from the forum to find time to do work on my own watches, I did not seem to get much of it done...

I did a number of interesting servicings in the past two weeks, including a Lanco 48 Chrono overhaul, and I just finished a circa 1893 Waltham pocket watch restoration. It's nice to take something that is totally dead, and bring it back to life, and you can hear it "tic-toc" of the movement accross the room...a great soothing sound.

I hope I did not miss anything too exciting while I was gone.

RG

Welcome back RG.

One post I'd like to get your opinion on is regarding the IWC 3717 Pilot Chrono Date Wheel. Some folks are buying ETA 7720 Day and Date wheels from Cousins and attempting to mod their pilots. Can you confirm whether the standard ETA datewheel will fit the Asian 7750's?

Welcome back RG.

One post I'd like to get your opinion on is regarding the IWC 3717 Pilot Chrono Date Wheel. Some folks are buying ETA 7720 Day and Date wheels from Cousins and attempting to mod their pilots. Can you confirm whether the standard ETA datewheel will fit the Asian 7750's?

ETA 7750 day/date wheels fit the new Asian 7750 28.8K models.

RG

Hi Ziggy,

Need your help on SL reluming job for dial and hands. Do you have time to carry out the work for me?

Your PM is not working for me either.

Thanks.

We had a falling out about a year or so ago...some harsh words were said, by me and you, and I decided to not go there again.

The reason you can't pm me, is that you have been blocked.

I treat everyone the same, I offer a service, do the best I can, and for whatever reason if we don't get along during our dealings, I simply move on and work with the members who I can get along with. That's just the way it goes sometimes...personalities conflict...

Therefore I am very reluctant to open up doors I closed in the past, if you were in my shoes, maybe you would feel the same way...look what happened with Panerailord, I opened the door, my associate booked him in, told him to ship, and nothing... :(

What else can I say?

RG

We had a falling out about a year or so ago...some harsh words were said, by me and you, and I decided to not go there again.

The reason you can't pm me, is that you have been blocked.

I treat everyone the same, I offer a service, do the best I can, and for whatever reason if we don't get along during our dealings, I simply move on and work with the members who I can get along with. That's just the way it goes sometimes...personalities conflict...

Therefore I am very reluctant to open up doors I closed in the past, if you were in my shoes, maybe you would feel the same way...look what happened with Panerailord, I opened the door, my associate booked him in, told him to ship, and nothing... :(

What else can I say?

RG

Hi Rob,

Honestly I really don't know where all these mis-understandings started. I must delcare nothing harsh has been said from me in the Forum about the work you did for me. All I know is still today I am admiring the lumes you put on my watches(183, 029 Navitimer...) before, they are still glowing brilliantly. That's why I ask for your help on the relume again. We did treat each other as gentlemen, but sad to see you feel that you can't get along with my request anymore. I surely will respect your decision.

Anyhow, if it comes to chance that we can continue our friendship in the RW world, I would be more than happy to know.

BTW, your "How To" articles are extremely informative which helped me a lot to resolve the movement problems in these days, it is my indispensible dictionary now.

Cheers.