When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My (Asian) Steelfish SuperOcean

Pix

Hi,

well, everything has been said about this fantastic watch, maybe a little bit less about the cheaper version, which I remind you has :

- an Asian movement at 28800 bph, that makes the seconds hand sweep really smoothly

- no AR coating

- there's currently a doubt (from my side at least) if it has a mineral (as advertized) or sapphire crystal (see this thread)

So I won't make any review, as there has been several and enough, especially that excellent one from Seadweller4000

I just would like to share some shots of my new toy. And I can tell you it's going to have a lot of wristtime !

242434-9449.jpg

242434-9450.jpg

242434-9451.jpg

242434-9452.jpg

242434-9453.jpg

242434-9454.jpg

242434-9455.jpg

242434-9456.jpg

242434-9457.jpg

242434-9458.jpg

I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do.

Of course, any question welcome.

^_^

Thanks!

Wonderful pictures.. Especially the crown pic shows the nice finish.. The picture of the lume on the pearl is also nice, hour markes still looks a bit lumpy on close up, but better than the first ones..

It seems like the lack of AR on the Asian version is not really noticable with a white dial, very cool.

I have not yet bought the SOSF... Maybe it is about time to finally give in, even though I think that the PO suits my "need" for a big divers watch.. :)

hour markes still looks a bit lumpy on close up, but better than the first ones..
True ! But you can't notice it by naked eyes in fact.

It seems like the lack of AR on the Asian version is not really noticable with a white dial, very cool.
That was the very precise reason for my choice on the white.

I think you can't regret the purchase of this watch. Let's just see how the movement will last.

Thx both for your comments, I always enjoy reading someone like the pics I spent some time to take, just for pleasure.

Your numbers 15, 30 and 45 look to be centered very well. Sometimes the numbers are engraved slightly out of position to the left or right, closer to the edge of the bezel..... My 30 and 45 are 1 mm ish off center

My pearl and triangular point lines up with 12 very well, does yours always sit a tad to the left like that?

Cheers :D

wow, i have not buy one yet, was esitating between the white dial and blue dial, i thought i would buy the blue because i have a white navitimer and black bce, but i think i am gonna buy the white one asian, and with the money i will save, i will get the 2 tone blue bce, so i will have best of both worlds. thanks for your pics. you helped me with my decision. enjoy. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I forgot the basic things, sorry. ^_^

242601-9386.jpg

242601-9387.jpg

I have what I consider to be a small wrist : 17,5 cm (6,8 inches)

I hesitated a while before buying a "large" watch, as I usually go between 38 and 42 mm diameter (that's why I'm avoiding Panerai to date, but I'm looking for a 40mm one).

The dial of the Steelfish is pretty small compared to its overall diameter, so visually it's not as large. I chose the SS bracelet as it's more wrapping the wrist (at least it's my feeling). I did the same when I bought my Tag SLR. And I feel the solution is not bad.

The dial of the Steelfish is pretty small compared to its overall diameter, so visually it's not as large. I chose the SS bracelet as it's more wrapping the wrist (at least it's my feeling). I did the same when I bought my Tag SLR. And I feel the solution is not bad.

Its perfect for you, Pix :)

I have small wrists as well and just got mine from PT yesterday. Fits me great. Bought it with spare brown leather strap, but I'm keeping the SS band on.

Which colour ?

I'm also thinking about buying a leather strap. I bought the SS as it was the same price and I was not sure how the leather one would look like on my wrist.

BTW, how's the quality of the leather ?

I received 2 SS bracelets, lucky no ? :)

Please have a look to the trade section, as I won't keep both.

Which colour ?

I'm also thinking about buying a leather strap. I bought the SS as it was the same price and I was not sure how the leather one would look like on my wrist.

BTW, how's the quality of the leather ?

I have the 'gold' leather one. I'd call it 'honey' myself. The leather is good quality. My wrist is the same size as yours and looks like this:

242641-9362.jpg

On a Bob for Breitling, it looks like this:

242641-9363.jpg

Like you I have about the same size wrist but with allot more hair , I find that the larger size watches look fine and so do other people as I get lots of compliments and that watch looks great on you !!!

My wife wears a 38mm watch and it looks fine on her but It feels to small for me ??

I never have bought a Pam as I don't like leather , with small wrists I feel that the leather is wearing me and I am not wearing the leather so I stay away from it for that reason only , it just isn't comfortable and the buckle goes half way around my wrist at the top ...

Right now BIG is in so don't worry about it , that watch fits you fine and my next purchase will be the Swiss TT Chronomat Evo ..

Zed

@Pug, that definitely makes me confident in purchasing one. I think I'll go for a honey or dark brown one... There are some for less than 30 euros shipped from my usual suppliers.

@Zed : can you tell me your lotion's name to get more hairs on my wrist ? :lol:

I find 38mm to be a perfect size for dressy watches. Of course, when it comes to SS bracelets or chronos, it's better to go for a 40mm or more.

Also, for the buckle problem, purchasing XS straps might help. Most straps advertized for Panerai are short ones. I bought these for my Montblanc and Festina and it's just perfect.

Congrats on the watch, and don't let anyone tell you that large watches don't look good on small wrists. Mine is a bit thicker but i recently got a 44m Pam and i'm defitenly ordering a 47m next. The Steelfish is advertised as 43 give or take. And IMO leather makes the watch itself stand out more and since most SS bands are very thick, animal hide is the way to go for those with smaller diameter wrists.

Still when you get a chance pick up a breitling Bentley on SS :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 3 weeks later...