When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The two watches we need replicas of

Fortis B-42 Cosmonaut chronograph. 7750 movement . Would seem to be an easy replica to produce. Genuines go for abput $1800 so it is well above the Mendoza line minimum price for a viable replica and on a price point equal with the Moonwatch

243397-9134.jpg

And this one is my personal favorite ever since I started reading Clive Cussler. IMO, there would be a stampede for this replica. A std ETA movement would do it.

The Doxa 750T professional

243397-9135.jpg

Fortis B-42 Cosmonaut chronograph. 7750 movement . Would seem to be an easy replica to produce. Genuines go for abput $1800 so it is well above the Mendoza line minimum price for a viable replica and on a price point equal with the Moonwatch

243401-9132.jpg

And this one is my personal favorite ever since I started reading Clive Cussler. IMO, there would be a stampede for this replica. A std ETA movement would do it.

243401-9133.jpg

I reckon the costs of starting the production, would run up the costs close to genuine. Fortis watches arent that expensive (but nice none the less)

I reckon the costs of starting the production, would run up the costs close to genuine. Fortis watches arent that expensive (but nice none the less)

Not necessarily....there are lots of examples of new runs with new cases and dials. Reps are done in lots of about 1000 pieces with that being the manufacturing cost effectiveness minimum. If they can sell 1000, believe me, they will make them.

lot's of replica examples of watches costing around $2000 for the genuine article.

True. But i think most people buying good quality reps, aspire to the more "exclusive" brands.

Fortis doesnt seem to count amongst these.

Its all about branding i suppose. It sort off falls in the same category as Sinn watches.

fantastic watches, but not worth repping?!!

fantastic watches, but not worth repping?!!

I agree. Sinn, Fortis, Doxa, etc. They're all cheap enough as genuines, and are usually bought for their features. Getting a fake Doxa diver seems silly. What next? Repped Orsas? :D

ps. Yes, I did just buy a genuine Fortis. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Both are great watches, but the Doxa is next on my list. The problem with both gen watches is how difficult it is to try it on and get a feel for the watch. If the reps were really cheap, it would be nice to try out to see if you like it before buying the gen. As it is,,,I will have to take a chance and see if I like the Doxa when it comes in the mail.

243961-8989.jpg

No thanks, I already have one.... ditto with the Sinn U2... no reps needed here ;)

Seriously, no point repping a watch that is bought for it's features. Eg. Sinn U2 has an Argon filled case with a water-saturation indicating capsule. The watch is made from the same steel as German U-Boats, with no bezel inserts to fall off when diving. How can something like this be repped? Only in appearance, but most who want these brands want it for their functionality, not just their looks.