When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which rollie opener?

Lollipop

Guest avitt

The problem is, you won't always be opening cases that you closed yourself. That means that eventually, you'll run into one that the friction tool won't touch. You may even come across one that will give the hand wrench trouble...you might even slip, and damage the case back.

All of these will be short work for the LG Openall. If you have the budget (about $80), I recommend going there first.

The problem is, you won't always be opening cases that you closed yourself. That means that eventually, you'll run into one that the friction tool won't touch. You may even come across one that will give the hand wrench trouble...you might even slip, and damage the case back.

All of these will be short work for the LG Openall. If you have the budget (about $80), I recommend going there first.

Yeah, wish I had one of those. I do have a very good tool for slotted waterproof case backs though, it's a Horotec and it's item CO-M320 in the Jules Borel catalog.

I'm trying to find out if there is an adapter for it that can accomdate dyes for Rolex backs. I'd like to get that as an add-on some time if there is.

This is misleading - are you talking about either /or on the plunger types from Bergeon or Ruihua with a small monetary difference,

or,

comparing either of these with the full blown Bergeon 5537 tool set!!!! Which is waaaay more expensive but is the Rolls Royce tool for the job

This is misleading - are you talking about either /or on the plunger types from Bergeon or Ruihua with a small monetary difference,

or,

comparing either of these with the full blown Bergeon 5537 tool set!!!! Which is waaaay more expensive but is the Rolls Royce tool for the job

I'm actually talking about one of these. I didn't know Bergeon also made those 'plunger' types.

narikka,

Please don't get me wrong- I only recently acquired one of the Ruihia tools, and its already become one of my most used- so much easier and quicker than a full blown case back tool, but it is not a cure all.

I have yet to experience a situation where either my LG or Bergeon/Rolex would not do its job- they are also a part of my "armoury" ( I also have a crab, and a couple of cheap Chinese)- and they all get a run ... especially the crab- a wonderful little tool.... sometimes!!

So the moral is... the right tool for the particular job, and the suction tool can work in some/ a lot of... situations.

I remember a couple of years back- someone posted on TRC a suction cup tool... available from Walmart, from memory... like a miniature glass lifter...it was only a few $$ and needed some modification... but a lot of guys got them and they seemed to do a job... unfortunately we don't have Walmart here, and I have never been able to find something similar locally... if I could.. I would have one of these in a flash.

So - horses for courses- and all part of the great learning experience!

Again my catch cry... See my siggy!!!!

offshore

I'm actually talking about one of these. I didn't know Bergeon also made those 'plunger' types.

I would almost g'tee that is a chinese copy of the Bergeon (at that price, & location) which in any event is a 'no contest' head & shoulders above any other tool (save for perhaps the genuine Bergeon!).

I've had both the copy and the origional Bergeon set and the copy is by far the better value IMHO

Edited by narikaa