When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 Ziggyfication

jeff g

post-22-1179186670_thumb.jpgpost-22-1179186627_thumb.jpgpost-22-1179186703_thumb.jpg

Received my Pilot Chrono back from The Zigmeister today.

Movement swap - new 7750

'The Zigmeister lume'

Day/Date wheel adjustment

As far as I am concerned, this IS the 'Perfect Rep'.

Here are a couple more photos of this beautiful watch. Check out the date alignment. Looks REALLY good to me. Without the replacement with the new valjouix wheels.

Thank you The Zigmeister. As we all know...YOU ARE THE MAN. And IMHO...The Pilot Chrono is THE WATCH!!!!!

Congratulations. The new datewheel is a major improvement. I am tempted. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

On the other hand, the relumed color looks a little off. Look at the 3rd picture. It is too blueish.

If I put the Unicorn 3717 and my gen XVI side by side, color of the original Unicorn 3717 hands and markers is very very close to the color on the XVI. The hands and lumed markers on gen XVI is slightly yellowish-white color. Color of unlumed and lumed markers and hands is exactly the same. Only under low light condition, the lumed markers and hands start to grow.

The last sticking step toward the perfect 3717 rep is the sapphire. On my gen XVI, it is very clear with very little reflection in most angles and only slight hint of blue. I wonder if there is a source for gen IWC sapphire.

I will try and get a lume pic later. But for info the lume is the 3-6-9-12 markers and the minute hour hands. IMO it looks great. Definitely not blueish at all in daylight- a solid white. The Zigmeister told me that it was fairly difficult because of the slimness of the markers, and the closeness of the second markers to the lumed marks. But as we all know..The Zigmeister's work is well worth the cost. After wearing the watch for aweek or so now, I must say the the alignment of the day/date wheel is right on, even without having to replace the wheels with the valjouix OEM's.

post-22-1179186670_thumb.jpgpost-22-1179186627_thumb.jpgpost-22-1179186703_thumb.jpg

Received my Pilot Chrono back from The Zigmeister today.

Movement swap - new 7750

'The Zigmeister lume'

Day/Date wheel adjustment

As far as I am concerned, this IS the 'Perfect Rep'.

Here are a couple more photos of this beautiful watch. Check out the date alignment. Looks REALLY good to me. Without the replacement with the new valjouix wheels.

Thank you The Zigmeister. As we all know...YOU ARE THE MAN. And IMHO...The Pilot Chrono is THE WATCH!!!!!

i wonder how much does it cost in total? would you mind telling me using pm?

Beautufil watch and enjoy.