When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 finally available in EU

Stephane

Hi All,

I've been in contact with PT for a while regarding that great watch and it's here now.

PT has the correct version available.

I simply wanted to bump his thread as it's been a great work to source it and make it available for us, EU members, whithout any c*s*o* issues, nor dropshippers problems.

QC is done and watch is ready to land on my wrist: Yiiiiipeeeeeeee !

Cheers

Stephane

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=26683&hl=

Stephane, tu vas aimer cette montre - elle est vraiment incroyable.

It is a must for anybody who loves the simpicity and timeless elegance of IWC.

Maybe so. Good looking watch, but, still it has that awful A7750 in it. Sort of like looking at a beautiful woman only to know she has a black heart and soul. All show, no go in the end. I suppose folks are going to take issue with that, but, facts are facts.

Tim

Stephane, tu vas aimer cette montre - elle est vraiment incroyable.

It is a must for anybody who loves the simpicity and timeless elegance of IWC.

Merci Euno ! En effet, j'adore les montres avec le jour et la date !

I really appreciate your input and thank you for that.

Seems like it's one that can be put in the Super Rep category :blink: if that exists...

I have been wanting it for weeks but, as a EU member, I only want to buy from EU based collectors (mainly PT, TTK, Narika can secure the shipping to EU as far as I know).

Hey, don't you thing we have an incredibly great hobby ?

Ubi says: quality over quantity (My god that is true I think).

I would add: patience is the key too.

I love this place :group:

Cheers

Stephane

Stephane, you are right: patience is the key :)

The best part is that the 3717 can be modded to perfection.

I'm sending in my 3717 in a week to The Zigmeister for a Swiss 7750 movement swap, along with the Cousins Datewheels.

Steel-colored canon pinions, excellent date font + alignment, great swiss movement... :Jumpy:

Why am I going through the trouble? Because the watch is something that I will wear very often and keep for many many years.

Yes, but like the woman, you can replace the Asian with Swiss :p

Yeah, IF it can be done that would be great! Buy it in a second. But, more times than not, you can't. I bought one of those great looking and well made Ferrari GMT watches. However it has a A7750 in it. Tells time, that's it. Looks good, too! GMT hand totally functional? HAHAHAHAHA! What a joke. Replace it with a 2893-2? Been told it can't happen. Bummer. Sucks.

Yes, it can be modded to perfection.

I'm sending in my 3717 in a week to Ziggy for a Swiss 7750 movement swap, along with the Cousins Datewheels.

Why am I going through the trouble? Because the watch is something that I will wear very often and keep for many many years.

Exactly !!!

Anyone owning a correct version want to give some input tonight ?

We already know the mvt and the date issue, anything else ?

The AR may not be as strong as the gen. Oh, and the lume certainly isn't. A gen dial and day/date wheels may be in order. :D

Oh my goodness...do we really want this one to be 1:1 ?

To my opinion, no.

As long as it looks great without looking at it with a loup, it's fine for me.

But let's list it: DateWheel, AR, Lume....what else ?

We are not talking about a SD Great White by the way, are we ? :lol: That one deserve a full mod plan :wub:

I think that the AR is as good as it needs to be compared to a genuine 3717.

Yes, I was lucky enough to see and handle a 3717 in person. There is a long waiting list for this watch at various ADs. I handled one that a lucky fellow was picking up.

The AR on the genuine is slight. It is very much like the rep (which seems to have a slight amount of AR)

The lume is pretty close (white Luminova is weaker than the other colors of Luminova). This is in comparison to the genuine 3717 and to my genuine Mark XV dial. Of course, a relume is always a great idea, but as is, the watch is terrific.

In all honesty, if I were to get myself one of these (not unlikely) then I'd wear it out of the box. The AR sounds perfectly fine and even the day/date wheels don't bother me. :D

Pug, you know how to get one ? Don't you ?

What were you saying :whistling: Peeeeeeeeee Teeeeeeeeee :rolleyes:

Join the club and let's have fun: a meeting of 3717 in Paris !!! :D

What were you saying :whistling: Peeeeeeeeee Teeeeeeeeee :rolleyes:

Join the club and let's have fun: a meeting of 3717 in Paris !!! :D

Of course I know who has them. My problem is one of cash-flow, not of inability to source them. :D

Also, I've moved house. I'm no longer in Paris; I'm in Scotland. I moved house and now have no cash or job, which means no 3717 yet.

Of course I know who has them. My problem is one of cash-flow, not of inability to source them. :D

Also, I've moved house. I'm no longer in Paris; I'm in Scotland. I moved house and now have no cash or job, which means no 3717 yet.

I know you moved Monsieur Pug !

But, Ooops, sorry I thought you'd fancy a trip to Paris.

Cash problems: we all have cash-flow problems and that really sucks.

But...I would fancy a trip to Scotland B)

post-22-1179326538_thumb.jpg

I sent my 3717 to The Zigmeister.

Had a movement swap - Old Asian for new

Re-lume on the primary 3-6-9-12 and hands

Day/Date wheel alignment - with existing wheel.

Although I would like to have put in the correct wheel replacement, as well as the Swiss 7750 movement, I chose not to. I am completely happy with the day/date wheel realignment, and the lume is strong. (Not as strong as my Black monster) My feeling concerning the AR coating is that it is good enough.

If one has the unlimited funds to perform 'Ultimate' modding on this and other rep watches, then go ahead by all means. For me the 200.00 bucks I spent on this watch with The Zigmeister was worth it, however an additional 300.00 (+) for the Swiss 7750 and date wheel was not necessary for a poor man like me.

Without doubt the IWC Pilot Chrono is my favorite watch of the many reps that I own.

I plan on wearing it a lot.

In all honesty, if I were to get myself one of these (not unlikely) then I'd wear it out of the box. The AR sounds perfectly fine and even the day/date wheels don't bother me. :D

i agree. this is a pretty hot looking watch.

I sent my 3717 to The Zigmeister.

Had a movement swap - Old Asian for new

Re-lume on the primary 3-6-9-12 and hands

Day/Date wheel alignment - with existing wheel.

Hi Jeff,

What do you mean with movement swap - old Asian for new? Did you have problem with the Asian 7750 movment that came with the watch and swap it or a new Asian 7750?

It has been awhile since I spent 300.00(+) for a rep. I agree that 400.00 seems like a lot, however it certainly depends on what you are getting for your money.

3 or 4 years ago when the first PAMs came down the pike I spent 400.00 a few times. Now those same models are available for 250.00(+). But so what? I got what I paid for THEN.

The 3717 is as nice a watch that is currently available IMHO. If you like it ...buy it. The hundred and fifty bucks that you save by waiting a year or two is not worth the wait, as far as I am concerned.

Hmmm,...Maybe the price will start to drop now that it's become available to

the open market.

I have one on hold from earlier, but this is such a beautuful piece that I want The Zigmeister to

make sure it will last, so I may give up my hold, wait for a spell, and hope the

price goes down to a friendlier level.. :whistling: