When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

a 3646 for a change...

madasboot

absolutely fantastic. im super jealous. the whole feel is just right some how. its hard to explain but this is pressing all my buttons

loving the strap too. did you vintagize the stiching after youd sewn it?

one of the nicest efforts ive seen and i look at pics of gens of these daily while drooling and dreaming.

you just need to pick up a compass to wear on your other wrist

you just need to pick up a compass to wear on your other wrist

:lol:

As for the strap I used brown waxed thread. The strap was aged with a solution we call "jewish bitumen" and that is a product used for ageing wood and give patina on the recovering of old statuary.

Its amazing because I went to have dinner with my parents and looking at the strap my mother told me the strap was too shiny for a dial aged like that and borrowed me a flask of that product telling me it would do wonders to the leather.... and it did after some rubbing.

The surface slightly cracled, acquiring a worn look and a special worn shine without affecting the filling.

M.

Could your engraver turn the '616' into '618' whilst he's doing an amazing job on the Rolex sign?! I assume that's a mod that you've had done to it?

It looks great, maybe the case back would look better brushed? I'm never sure if the originals were polished or not. I assume it's a DSN case as well? It looks great, but I really wish he could change the font - 'Brevettato' is more compressed on vintage Panerai's, and one of the few things that is an immediate give away (to me anyway!). As ever, I'm amazed by your efforts, they really do look amazing, well done!

Oh my that is a stunner.

Sell it for 100,000 on the bay. :D

• 7 months later...

M-

It looks beautiful. The strap does make those watches. Wear it well. I do hope to show you mine when complete. You do beautiful work and all your efforts are certainly worth it. My favorite is still your 6152 though. :biggrin: You truly have a wonderful vintage collection so keep showing us your pictures.

All the best,

Kruz