When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The First DW 6263

halley

This is the mother of all DWs, the one he sent me back in the days, case number and serial are different from the other ones, this one is engraved 6241

Polished case and bracelet, made it a 6265, gen crown and T21 and waterproofed and brushed caseback

249070-8082.jpg

249070-8083.jpg

249070-8084.jpg

249070-8085.jpg

249070-8086.jpg

249070-8087.jpg

249070-8088.jpg

249070-8089.jpg

249070-8090.jpg

249070-8091.jpg

249070-8092.jpg

249070-8093.jpg

249070-8094.jpg

249070-8095.jpg

Ludo... Seeing this watch brings back old (I say old, but in reality, only a couple years from when we first got our DW's) memories... A much less complicated time for reps...

This watch made some big excitement when they were discovered (thanks to you). The feeling of nostalgia is an interesting thing...

^_^

Guest avitt
Beautiful watch and nice work.

I would like to find a non-Oyster (non-screw pushers) myself.

Freddy, something like this?

249215-8021.jpg

...what you're looking at there is, I believe, the first case set purchased from DW, on July 11, 2005 - Just before Halley discovered that he sold complete 6263 reps. I subsequently sold this set (including all of the items that you see in the picture, with the exception of the movement).

post-22-1179524513_thumb.jpg

I realize of course that there are many flaws with the watch I am showing here. It certainly is not the correct dimensions nor is it a DW case. However the silver dial and the black sub dials is exactly what I was looking for when I purchased this rep a few months back.

IMHO this watch is a Classic piece, and I am glad to have it in my collection. I wish DW was a bit more accesible, so that I might have taken advantage of the pieces he seems to have available.

Wear your DW 6263 well!!!

Guest avitt

I am happily divested of all Mystery Movements...with the exception of one non-operational one, which I will offer up to anyone who needs it for parts.

DW, DW, DW....

A rep that have not a seller. Where is possible to buy a DW? Mystery.

The inexpert collectors questino "Where DW" ?

Experts answers, please.

I think that there are two possibility for Daytona vintage rep: 1) a rep "out of the box" or light modded, price $ 200 300. 2) a "perfect" rep auto-built whit good parts, price 1500/2000-

To day exist a great business for high quality reps. Some people love $ 100 reps, but to day some people love best reps $ 500 600 700, that do not exist.

Why chinese producers do not propose "high reps" whith V72 copy and finest parts for 500 600 700 ?

I think that a grat number of enthusiasts buy it.

Guest avitt
DW, DW, DW....

A rep that have not a seller. Where is possible to buy a DW? Mystery.

The inexpert collectors questino "Where DW" ?

Experts answers, please.

I think that there are two possibility for Daytona vintage rep: 1) a rep "out of the box" or light modded, price $ 200 300. 2) a "perfect" rep auto-built whit good parts, price 1500/2000-

To day exist a great business for high quality reps. Some people love $ 100 reps, but to day some people love best reps $ 500 600 700, that do not exist.

Why chinese producers do not propose "high reps" whith V72 copy and finest parts for 500 600 700 ?

I think that a grat number of enthusiasts buy it.

There is no doubt that you are right, trioLescano. If an excellent (DW quality) Daytona rep showed up in the $600 range, it would be like printing money for the dealers.

Perhaps the tooling would be extraordinarily expensive to make a V72 copy.

And since it would only be used in a Daytona rep, it would not be something useful for other applications.

Do you think that they'd make a rep Pre-Tag Tri-Compax Heuer Autavia with a copy V72? I don't think so.

I believe that there is more profit in just making el cheapo case kits for next to nothing.

BTW, I have drempt of a copy V72 for a long time. It's not going to happen :(

249674-7910.jpg

249674-7911.jpg

249674-7912.jpg

249674-7913.jpg

Guest avitt

Sadly, I agree with you Euno.

Do you think that they'd make a rep Pre-Tag Tri-Compax Heuer Autavia with a copy V72? I don't think so.

...Oh, but I wish they would! That one's on my hit list :wub:

Ludo, there really is not much else to be done for your 6265. I think it looks great.

Here's what I can suggest for extreme crazy-WIS mania. These mods are the little details that make a great rep an ultimate super rep:

- Smooth the sharp edges on the lugs a little bit. Maybe you did this already though.

- Replace the dial with the newer version with the Rolex crown slightly lowered into the correct position. I am going to do this mod this week.

- Slightly age the color of the lume if you want. My genuine 1675 has aged yellow Tritium, my 5513 does not. Both are from 1967 and have original dials and hands. So, not all have aged Tritium, but most seem to. Your choice. I'm going to try doing this.

- Eventually replace the bracelet with a genuine one.

Best regards