When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Twins - 2893 GMT's

Watchmeister

Just got my 29 back with original crown back from Ziggy so I figured I would post some shots of it with its twin - 63. Many mods but the principal differences are palp crown and gen hands on the 63 and gen crown on the 29. Both have Jimmy CG.

29:

249572-7922.jpg

249572-7923.jpg

63:

249572-7924.jpg

249572-7923.jpg

Group Photos:

249572-7926.jpg

Inverted:

249572-7927.jpg

Sideview:

249572-7928.jpg

Beautiful watches Warren...

Nice comparison.. Well as I was always saying, the palp crowns look so bad compared to the genuine... I was always saying that they are too thick and close to the case and with bad inside bevel that you should trim the lever...

And for the price and trouble to get them... :o

V-

Really not trying to cast aspersions on Palp crown. They are very well made and in fact I just bought a couple of extra. In truth it is not fair because knowing what I know now I would never use a Palp crown with a Jimmy CG. They look good with the deeper CG's you find on say the 24A rep or others. If Palp/PAM ever get around to doing a proper 1.9 or 2.0 that would be fabulous. I do hope the group buy works out on the gen crowns. I heard from one forum member the seller is now asking well over $100 individually.

Ubi-

Wait until you see the vintage set. I am loving that 45mm. ;)

I am still deciding whether to transpose the Palp Crown onto my 24 which has a thinner crown guard and replace with gen. It would require another CG though as the lip is much deeper on the gen crown. In terms of Mods:

Both have relume, Jimmy CG's, Watchmen cyclops and Lello datewheels. 29 has gen crown and 63 has Palp crown and gen hands.

Beautiful watches Warren...

Nice comparison.. Well as I was always saying, the palp crowns look so bad compared to the genuine... I was always saying that they are too thick and close to the case and with bad inside bevel that you should trim the lever...

And for the price and trouble to get them... :o

I still prefer the thick look of the Palp crowns...even if they are too thick compared to the gens...

in fact, I would do a mod on the gen if I had one...I'd put a palp crown on! :lol: ...palp crown (2,1mm) matches better the look of a BIG watch that Panerai is...