When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix's New VC Ultimate Overseas

LOL, RT. Putting words in my mouth now, eh? Too funny. Fact is the VCO is a watch that was fun to mod (aren't they all?), is now extremely accurate as reps go, and yet rarely sees any wrist time. This new version, if anything, makes me glad that I obtained the previous version before it was discontinued. Now go ahead and have the last word. I know you must.

-Chief

Never put a word in your mouth,.. would like to see where I did...

As for as the last word, at least pertaining to this subject {I hope},. ..

I think I will,.... since it's my thread was started to save people money

from buying extra dials and paying {someone} for mods only to end up

with V2.5.

I am grateful however that I finally got an honest remark from you, verses all those

smiling jabs, that anyone with a bit of research can figure out the reasons for...

V4 is not perfect, but at least all the mods can be done at home, and without extra parts...

Is V2 discontinued ? I wasn't aware .... Jay pulled his V2 not because it wasn't available,

but because it was not selling...

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to get mine. I have the new one with a spare other color dial coming and already have the old one with the other color spare dial as well. Could be a fun to mix and match. :lol: And then I will still have to decide which one gets the Chieftang double AR coat crystal. IMHO, it makes the watch. :)

Well, I have Flavor Flav's black modded VCO. And it's perfect as far as I'm concerned, especially with the double AR. I also have a white non-modded V2, which will hopefully get a double AR treatment soon. I doubt it will see anything else, as I feel it's fine as is. This version just looks wrong to me. The hands are are the biggest giveaway, just not right at all. The date window I don't feel is as big an issue either way, even on the V2 hard to tell it's not trapazoid shaped, so I assume this version would fly on that mark also.

Nice to see the larger cross, but the dial and numbers look somewhat off too.

Overall not a bad out of the box version, still not perfect, but reps usually aren't.

Well, I have Flavor Flav's black modded VCO. And it's perfect as far as I'm concerned, especially with the double AR. I also have a white non-modded V2, which will hopefully get a double AR treatment soon. I doubt it will see anything else, as I feel it's fine as is. This version just looks wrong to me. The hands are are the biggest giveaway, just not right at all. The date window I don't feel is as big an issue either way, even on the V2 hard to tell it's not trapazoid shaped, so I assume this version would fly on that mark also.

Nice to see the larger cross, but the dial and numbers look somewhat off too.

Overall not a bad out of the box version, still not perfect, but reps usually aren't.

Agree. And some flaws are going to bother some people more than others. Pick your poison.

BTW, the white/silverish V2 VCO is my personal favorite for the double AR treatment. I can't recommend it enough for that watch.

For this watch I wanted an out of the box realistic rep with no mods past possible AR or lum.

I looked at both revs a great deal and felt the trapezoid date window was a great improvement. When I look at the square punch it really looks awkward from quite a long distance. I believe the shape of this date window is second only to the logo as far as the average person noticing anything cheap or out of place. The square punch is not only incorrect to gen but it just looks out of place on the watch face. The rest of the watch face has significant complexity of detail, style and flow. If an average person had not seen this gen, the square window still looks out of place. Anyone that had looked at the gen I feel the unique date window shape would stick in their mind and not the depth of bevel. If someone is familiar with the date window bevel you

BTW, the white/silverish V2 VCO is my personal favorite for the double AR treatment. I can't recommend it enough for that watch.

Sell me your own. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This is likely the next watch on my list unless something else happens to come up that I must have.

For this watch I wanted an out of the box realistic rep with no mods past possible AR or lum.

I looked at both revs a great deal and felt the trapezoid date window was a great improvement. When I look at the square punch it really looks awkward from quite a long distance. I believe the shape of this date window is second only to the logo as far as the average person noticing anything cheap or out of place. The square punch is not only incorrect to gen but it just looks out of place on the watch face. The rest of the watch face has significant complexity of detail, style and flow. If an average person had not seen this gen, the square window still looks out of place. Anyone that had looked at the gen I feel the unique date window shape would stick in their mind and not the depth of bevel. If someone is familiar with the date window bevel you

You know, there is one thing that concerns me. Chieftang pointed out earlier that the pics of the dial from Ruby look white and while I've never seen the Overseas in person I agree that the gen appears to be more silver in colour.

I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews or pics of the new white version.

Never put a word in your mouth,.. would like to see where I did...

"If I had spent money & time modding a watch, only to have a better model come out the next month..

maybe I would react like Chieftang"

Right there. My position is neither that this is a better model, nor that modding my own is now somehow regretful. I find the V2 the better base model for mods (important since both models require mods), thoroughly enjoyed modding it, and am elated with the result as compared to what I have held in my hand at Tourneau. And you trying, for whatever reason, to paint any other picture is putting (inaccurate) words in my mouth.

Is V2 discontinued ? I wasn't aware .... Jay pulled his V2 not because it wasn't available,

but because it was not selling...

You're starting to sound like a Silix shill to me. But if you're really trying to help people save money by not having to buy extra dials and such, then you ought to provide a fail safe method for brushing the dial numerals to remove the sheen on this version so that they look like the V2 and gen versions. Of course, if it were me, I'd take the V2 dial and just transplant the V4 cross. That's the best of both worlds, and also kills two birds with one stone as it also eliminates the screaming date window issue as well. Maybe people can also get the more accurate hands from Silix, too?

As I said earlier I purchased Flavor's watch, he modded it. I paid a small vig for labor and such he put in, but worth it to me as I'd never do as good a job modding a watch.

Sort of like some people will do their own plumbing, some will just call a plumber.

As I said earlier I purchased Flavor's watch, he modded it. I paid a small vig for labor and such he put in, but worth it to me as I'd never do as good a job modding a watch.

Lucky bastid. I was reading about his mods.

You got a pretty sweet deal there. Of course, I have no clue how much it cost but you got a great watch modded by one of the best.

some will just call a plumber.

*waves*

"If I had spent money & time modding a watch, only to have a better model come out the next month..

maybe I would react like Chieftang"

Right there. My position is neither that this is a better model, nor that modding my own is now somehow regretful. I find the V2 the better base model for mods (important since both models require mods), thoroughly enjoyed modding my own, and am elated with the result as compared to what I have held in my hand at Tourneau. And you trying, for whatever reason, to paint any other picture is putting (inaccurate) words in my mouth.

You're starting to sound like a Silix shill to me. But if you're really trying to help people save money by not having to buy extra dials and such, then you ought to provide a fail safe method for brushing the dial numerals to remove the sheen on this version so that they look like the V2 and gen versions. Of course, if it were me, I'd take the V2 dial and just transplant the V4 cross. That's the best of both worlds, and also kills two birds with one stone as it eliminates the screaming date window issue as well. Maybe people can also get the more accurate hands from Silix as well?

Like I said,... There are no words I put in your mouth Chief...

Only noted Your reactions,..

I hope you don't need any further clarifications,.. because I don't have the time..

As for Your position, should we pin this one the one before ?

Me a Silix Shill ? You should know me better than to post anything like that,...

I could say that you are looking to talk people into paying you for modding

this inferior version.. but I won't...

I have the sense not to knock respected members and I would have expected

the same of you...

Even though some modders that do this it for pay, are turning out to be

another source of scam artists praying on our little community by taking

advantage of people's insecurity about the accuracy of their watches..

Regarding Silix

For me, Price, Service and quality are number one, and I don't care where it comes from..

for my recommendations or group buys,..

If Silix is doing it the best,.. then that is where I will point..

If another comes along,.. then I will point the other way just like a weather vane..

or have I missed someone ?

As for Mods... as I stated before,... for Me,.. it just makes more sense to get the

best out of the box pieces that you can find... unless as Austin so eloquently

pointed out,.. they are well a known brand,.. or like Ubi and the gang, do it for

their own personal enjoyment, but those latter pros,..

you will notice... don't butt into threads like this one throwing stones at the windows

like kids jealous of the neighbor's just built tree house.

They have too much class for that...

At the very least, RT, stop trying to spread the notion that I mod watches for people. I do not and never have. Those who participate in AR runs know that I will not even pop their crystals for them. So there's zero money for me in VCO gen2 vs. VCO gen4. It has always been and will always be about the enjoyment of a hobby. And I simply like the 2nd gen version better. If I liked this version better, I'd get this version. I can afford it.

Be a little more open to the wide variety of opinions, even those different from your own, that make RWG, well, RWG. And try to realize when people share their observations, they're not "butting in" but rather "participating". Afterall, that's the draw.

At the very least, RT, stop trying to spread the notion that I mod watches for people. I do not and never have. Those who participate in AR runs know that I will not even pop their crystals for them. There's zero money for me in VCO gen2 vs. VCO gen4. It has always been and will always be about the enjoyment of a hobby. And I simply like the 2nd gen version better. If I liked this version better, I'd get this version. I can afford it.

Be a little more open to the wide variety of opinions, even those different from your own, that make RWG, well, RWG. And try to realize when people share their opinions, they're not "butting in" but rather "participating".

Just returning the favor Chief,.. dosen't feel good does it ?

By the way I know the difference between constructive input and snipping,....

but it seems you don't....

You should work on that,.. ^_^

They are both good people; might as well drop it till more shots come in. It bugs me how white the dial looks but I think/hope it is just the photos. I am a few avenues over from a wempe store with the white face in the window so I will stop by and do a detail comparison.

Same boat as the poster above - ordered but no tracking # yet. They have always been a little slow with the #s every time I have ordered in the past though so don't sweat yet.

It bugs me how white the dial looks but I think/hope it is just the photos.

Sure hope that's the case.

I am a few avenues over from a wempe store with the white face in the window so I will stop by and do a detail comparison.

That would be awesome and most welcome.

Hope you get your watch soon. :)

Jay emailed me that shipment is delayed because of a movement shortage :(

"Movement shortage?" Isn't the ETA 2428-2 a pretty common movement? I ordered my VCO from Silix on June 6, mainly because of the cross and the date window. On the same day,I also ordered a Chanel J12 for my wife from Andrew, who has the previous version of the VCO. The Chanel from Andrew cleared US Customs yesterday and should be delivered today. Now we have a movement shortage delaying shipments of the new version of the VCO. What a revoltin development this is!