When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watches going out of fashion?

Lollipop

everytime i dont wear a watch (because i plan on doing sports)

This is why I LOVE my MBW lol. Come rain or shine or swimming for that matter she stays firmly on the wrist, or I wear my tudor one of the 2 lol.

Even have to wear a watch during internationals and other sporting events, the trials of having to wear a HRM. :thumbdown:

I ran track and cross country in high school. Wearing a Timex Ironman was basically a requirement. I also had a pretty cool Keith Haring designed Swatch watch that I wore. I think it's just a matter of priorities. Being connected with friends in HS, making sure you're plugged into the latest music all make cell phones and MP3 players tools of the environment. As you get older, you have a time and place for that stuff, and your watch becomes a tool of your environment. I spend a good portion of my day at the computer which has a clock on it. When I want to know what time it is, I check my watch.

When I'm in the back country, I don't take my cell, but I do take my watch.

Watches will always be in style, because they're cool.

Climb on.

"Before 1600 the main problem in portable timekeeping was the driving power. Typically, the timepieces of the day were driven by weights, and therefore were impractical to transport on one’s person." and now in 2006 when these details have been taken care of "Time runs out for the wristwatch". Sad news to to read that "Watches going out of fashion"...... :unsure:

Eventhough I have many other portable devices which display the current time, Gran would not feel complete without a wrist watch. I will not give up my Hig End Luxury watch quest fixation for anything. Wrist watches are probably more of a fashion thing these days than it ever was, and my watch still serves to remind me of the time and date when I need it to

Happy Timekeeping

Gran :)

27165-655.jpg

"The inconvenience of strapping it on in the morning," ...How lazy can one person be? 4.5 seconds out of your morning time is an inconvenience??? :bangin:

Some people sleep with their watch on, so where's the inconvenience? Also, a PAM127 (1950) is a useful self-defence tool :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....

Eventhough I have many other portable devices which display the current time, Gran would not feel complete without a wrist watch. I will not give up my Hig End Luxury watch quest fixation for anything. Wrist watches are probably more of a fashion thing these days than it ever was, and my watch still serves to remind me of the time and date when I need it to

Happy Timekeeping

Gran :)

27173-652.jpg

Is this the same Gran from the old RWG ? I hope you are better, I read the post from your wife that said you weren't well.

Edited by Chronus

Is this the same Gran from the old RWG ? I hope you are better, I read the post from your wife that said you weren't well.

I am back and I am wll. Thank you Chronus :hug:

Gran (aka Gunnar aka...you know) :ninjastar:

Hmmm.

When the dumb (thick) kids get some celeb and/or money they'll be wearing the watch with the right name on - just like they have to have the 'correct' cell/mobile or mp3, or 'trainers' (the Scots here will know what I mean).

Quality, man!!

This is why I LOVE my MBW lol. Come rain or shine or swimming for that matter she stays firmly on the wrist, or I wear my tudor one of the 2 lol.

Even have to wear a watch during internationals and other sporting events, the trials of having to wear a HRM. :thumbdown:

my pam111 broke after i played ball with a friend, after that, i never wore a mechanical watch while doing storts again. when you catch a baseball (which aparently comes at a high speed) with the your wristwatch-hand, it can really damage the movement!

I guess it is the sign of the times- but what happens when your cell phone battery dies...does time stop for you?? :whistling: Find me a cell phone that will last longer than my 30 year old Speedmaster and I will stop using a watch. The cell phone is a disposible appliance, but I do check my watch against it especially when I travel.

So maybe this is the solution? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

27445-583.png

I guess it is the sign of the times- but what happens when your cell phone battery dies...does time stop for you?? :whistling: Find me a cell phone that will last longer than my 30 year old Speedmaster and I will stop using a watch. The cell phone is a disposible appliance, but I do check my watch against it especially when I travel.

So maybe this is the solution? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

27533-568.png

Is that a GMT cellphone ? :Jumpy:

Hmmm.

When the dumb (thick) kids get some celeb and/or money they'll be wearing the watch with the right name on - just like they have to have the 'correct' cell/mobile or mp3, or 'trainers' (the Scots here will know what I mean).

Quality, man!!

It's not only the Scots that know what trainers are!

By the way I'm south of the border :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But I'll be up in Newcastle next weekend :Jumpy: