When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbee from Norway

jens

Dear all,

after hanging around here for some days reading kilometres of very informative posts and articles, I just want to say hello to you!

In short, it was a search for both knowledge and a few specific HQ replicas that finally led me to this place (and TRC), and hopefully my search with respect to quality and serious dealers is over :( .

I cannot call myself a replica collector (not yet........), but when I study the various watches on this site I'm sure that will change quite soon. For people like me who can't afford to buy a genuine PP, VC, JLC or whatever twice a year, a decent replica is the only realistic alternative to get near your dream watch. On the other hand, my feeling right now is that one can easily end up spending the same amount anyway........

That's all for now, I will continue to read and learn from all of you, and maybe post a few stupid questions or comments in the time to come, so please bear over with me in the beginning – the learning curve seems to be quite steep !

Best regards Jens

Velkommen!

Lots to learn here. :-) After a while maybe you will even start to see the beauty of the real thing, and get a liking for vintage watches.. that are no more expensive than the reps. :-)

Good luck with the collection.

Velkommen til RWGjr. Jens :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Håper du finner det du søker her og at du har det gøy mens du gjør nettop det

Selv liker jeg best VC, JLC, OMEGA kopier mens når det gjelder genuine ur så er det Longines som er det merke jeg ellers kan ha råd til

Mange Hilsenr Fra

Gunnar :)

Velkommen!

Lots to learn here. :-) After a while maybe you will even start to see the beauty of the real thing, and get a liking for vintage watches.. that are no more expensive than the reps. :-)

Good luck with the collection.

Hi chrgod,

Takk !

I have had an interest for watches since I was very young a long time ago, 11 or 12 as I can recall. The background was that a friend of my father at that time were an authorized dealer for many of the top brands like VC, JLC and Movado to name a few. During our visits to his shop, I had plenty of time to study the most incredible masterpieces with respect to design, detailing and finish one can imagine. This impressed me deeply, and my interest for beautiful watches was born.

A couple of years ago I bought a second hand genuine Vacheron dress watch, and you are of course right – the real thing is just that - the real thing. I don't think you can replicate the unexplainable 'touch and feeling' a genuine watch brings, even if the replica technically speaking could be 100% exact.

I think buying vintage watches require more knowledge than I 'm currently is in possession of, and so far the prices on the auction sites I've seen are quite high. If you have any suggestions on where to search I would be glad to know.

Kind regards Jens

Velkommen til RWGjr. Jens :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Håper du finner det du søker her og at du har det gøy mens du gjør nettop det

Selv liker jeg best VC, JLC, OMEGA kopier mens når det gjelder genuine ur så er det Longines som er det merke jeg ellers kan ha råd til

Mange Hilsenr Fra

Gunnar :)

Takk, det ser bra ut!

Jeg er forøvrig helt enig i dine preferanser

Hilsen Jens

Interesting to read your history. You have received the right impulses!

My interest in watches started in the early nineties, when I watched Pierce Brosnan and his Omega Seamaster on screen. When my parents went to Malaysia, I asked them to source a nice SMP rep... They returned with a rather bad replica.. So I started to look for a better replica myself.... And slowly, the interest growed. Especially after finding TRC and the old RWG. :-)

Now, I have gotten a liking for old Quartzes end electrical watches, Girard-Perregaux, Omega, Tag and Longines. Nobody else wants the early quartzes, so they are still cheap. The Rolex OysterQuartz are one of the few really expensive quartz watches.. They are getting more expensive.

I search for watches on eBay and the sales Corner on timezone.com..

Christian

Edited by chrgod

Hi there....

WElcome ...thats a really nice history background...I've been in replicas since I was 13 years old...and I started to buy my own..since I was 18 yaers old...before that all the genuine watches..but not that expensive...its more ...I just learn from time to time about reps...

so now im in thiss hobby..so no turning back....unless...I stop my hobby ...of watch collecting...

I hope 1 day I have enuf money to buy at least 1 GENuine watch...maybe Panerai ...I hope soo...

:thumbsupsmileyanim: