When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A cool gen Daytona pic

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

I will try to take similar pic with my girl and my Daytona once it gets a bit warmer here....

In the meantime here is a fresh pic of my Daytona, just took it:

27001-685.jpg

I have to say it looks pretty gen for a rep, don't you think?

Cheers!

I had the opportunity to wear a gen 116520 for the weekend while the friend whose gen it was wore my rep, I have to say we have it very good with this rep - its extremly close. Although, the pic would be better with no shirt at all :D

I had the opportunity to wear a gen 116520 for the weekend while the friend whose gen it was wore my rep, I have to say we have it very good with this rep - its extremly close. Although, the pic would be better with no shirt at all :D

and maybe no hair...

sql's gf has perfect hands. Even good enough for commercial.

Guest Sql_pl

Exper just look at the quality of the watch on the pics in that listing... and you have an answer.

And if you wish to replace a bracelet on your 116520 with a strap you will face some problems like the half end link that is between the lugs on strap version. And the bezel is different.

I received this watch this past week with white dial, I think the dial is pretty good, I don't clearly see the spacing difference between the gen and rep.

29559-184.jpg

the main flaws too me are:

overall thickness to accomodate the 7750

29559-185.jpg

the pushers are perhaps shapped differently and too close from the crown

29559-186.jpg

29559-187.jpg

the crown guards wrongly shapped again but I'm surprised how the crown look good and sharp compared to the previous version I had

29559-188.jpg

29559-189.jpg

bezel certainly too thick and not flat

29559-190.jpg

on the dial: red daytona color, placement

29559-191.jpg

Good point the etched crown on the crystal is there but invisible with the naked eye trust me, I simply couldn't capture it on the pics

I think I gen dial would be great on it but it's rare and expensive, but first thing to do is to reshape CG, I'm still undecided wether to fit or not gen crown and tube...

I saw that gen crystals are on sale on the bay, I don't know if they can be fitted on the rep case?

• 4 weeks later...