When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Damn Customs

jraines87

I know how you feel, this is what happened to me. Although the on line message states that the watch was returned because of an incomplete address, when I called them the informed me that is was because the item was not allowed into the country because of the nature of what was shipped. They then asked me what it was and I told them it was a gift from a friend and was unaware of its contents.

Date of Event Time of Event Location Description Retail Location Signatory Name

1. 2006/03/30 08:15 International item has left the origin country

2. 2006/03/30 20:06 International item has arrived in the destination country

3. 2006/03/31 14:04 MISSISSAUGA, ON International item has been sent to Canadian Customs for processing

4. 2006/04/01 13:09 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item Returned to Sender. Not admitted due to incomplete address

Incomplete address could mean no phone # if someone in customs decides to be picky. No package going to the US will be accepted at a Canadian post office without a phone # on it, and pre-9/11 I worked at a company in Vancouver that shipped a lot of goods to individuals in the US. If we didn't put the SSN of the recipient on the box (if sent to an individual rather than a business), the entire shipment would be refused at the border. Businesses had their Tax ID # on their packages. I always ensure the dealers here have my phone # on the parcel, and even packages delayed by customs for opening have made it through.

The dealer didn't have it in stock so put in a order for me.... Joshua

I see, I believe your package should be fine.

I had an EMS package from King which got stuck in custom for a month. It was a cheap omega aqua terra, so I didn't really care, but I did eventually receive it.

I see, I believe your package should be fine.

I had an EMS package from King which got stuck in custom for a month. It was a cheap omega aqua terra, so I didn't really care, but I did eventually receive it.

Yea, Not to worried about it... I just hate that this may be my first "Seized" item ever, and it's for my wife :lol:

I don't think you have much to be concerned about...

'Handed over to customs' = same as 'Inbound into customs'.

T'is routine, sir :)

Well, the only issue was that I saw it listed on www.usps.com up untill today. Now it says "item not found"....

Well hell.....

Just checked after the last posting, and it's in my hometown ready for delivery :blink:

That's good news....I read somewhere on these rep boards that Texas and Alaska were bad for customs seizures for these reps...if you're not in those areas, then I'm pretty sure you don't have much to worry about.

That's good news....I read somewhere on these rep boards that Texas and Alaska were bad for customs seizures for these reps...if you're not in those areas, then I'm pretty sure you don't have much to worry about.

I've never had one seized, and it looks like I'll still have a perfect record :lol:

OK, we waited long enough...... where's the pictures of your wife..... I mean your wife's watch! ;):D

We al least expect it to be on HER arm. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The post office tried to deliver it to the house yesterday, but of course I was at work :thumbdown:

Same story today too... I'll have to go pick it up tomorrow since I'll be at home tomorrow..