When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Relume by Finepics

sssurfer

This is my 028 dial-and-hands, that I got back from Finepics some days ago (I can't assemble the movement into the case again, as it is some months that the case is resting in palpatine's hands).

First, a look in the daylight.

I am unable to figure out how and why the plated area of the hands seems so matte and bad-looking in this pic, it must have been some odd light reflection trick that I didn't detect in the camera monitor. Anyway, please pay attention just at the numbers and markers and the relumed area of the hands, as this shot was meant just to show you how the color that Finepics mixed up looks natural and unobtrusive when under the daylight:

27820-525.jpg

Then, a look in the darkness just after the light went away:...

27820-526.jpg

...and after several minutes, when the brightning has almost settled on a constant level:

27820-527.jpg

Now, some shots to show the unbelievable precision of Finepics.

Look at how the green bright matter covers exactly and evenly all the area of the numbers, markers and hands, without leaving even a tiny bit unrelumed, and without invading even a tiny bit on unneeded areas:

27820-528.jpg27820-529.jpg27820-530.jpg

27820-531.jpg

In conclusion, this does not look as a hand-made work, it rather seems performed by a dedicated machine!

So I hope that Finepics will forgive me if I'll call him the Relume Machine since now... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Excellent review Sssurfer! Excellent work Finepics! I have one in the works to go to Finepics as well, and now I'm afraid to see it when it gets back. My other reps will be jealous, and may have to take a trip to the UK!

Esmarc :pimp:

Rob, thanks for the compliment, coming from you is indeed an honour. Actually, and I'm sure Rob would agree, this type of dial is not as difficult as some due to the rep lume being very glossy to start with. It allows the new lume to flow more easily although run off is more of a danger.

Oops, almost forgot - Marco, thanks for the review. The photo's do look good, splendid photography!! Actually it's funny as I have just taken delivery of the same watch (off for PVD next week) and as the dial is a T dial I was going to leave it as is, but now Iv'e seen the pics I think I will have to do it after all. Selling me to me (as Marco put it) is not what his review was intended for!!

this type of dial is not as difficult as some

Good, as I am feeling something like a rose gold 147 growing in me... :cupidarrow:

finepics do you think is better to reluminer or not the panerai 28 t-t dial?

Mark, this tells me about something I am unable to recall right now... :D

finepics are great in reluminer

finepics do you think is better to reluminer or not the panerai 28 t-t dial?

the genuine how it looks?

Well I had this very discussion with Marco when he first sent me the dial. I was looking into alternatives for a more T type look but then we decided to do it in SL anyway - the results speak for themselves. I don't think there is any real noticeable difference. The yellower looking rep lume does give a slighty different colour to the SL so it is quite close to the original T colour.

Rob, thanks for the compliment, coming from you is indeed an honour. Actually, and I'm sure Rob would agree, this type of dial is not as difficult as some due to the rep lume being very glossy to start with. It allows the new lume to flow more easily although run off is more of a danger.

That is a fine job. Wow, I am impressed and I now have to rethink some more purchases. As I love that dial!

• 2 weeks later...