When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pugwash's Breitling Chrono Avenger

Pugwash

Breitling Aeromarine Chrono Avenger

Stainless Steel fantasy version from TWP

258590-5967.jpg

Recently, I came second in a raffle over on RWI. The Watch Prince (A US-based dealer next-door on RWI) had added two quartz watches as a second prize and these were to be my bounty. However, TWP knows my feelings on quartz reps and offered me store credit in their place, which I decided to put towards a lumpy Breitling chronograph I saw he had on offer. Not knowing much about it (was it a small Super Avenger or a steel Chrono Avenger?), I spoke with my Breitling expert buddies Andreww and By-Tor, who both thought it was a Chrono Avenger fantasy version.

258590-5968.jpg

This turned out to be the case, and I checked the quality of the replication and saw that it was not bad at all, even if the genuine Chrono Avenger was only available in titanium. This makes it a fantasy replica, which I don't object to when it's a model that should exist, much like the Rolex GMT-LV I've got.

How close is the dial? I did this little animation to check. Gen from the Breitling site on the blue background, rep on the red.

258590-5969.gif

Not bad at all, apart from it has the regular rep lume and the wrong date font.

In the next picture, I've put it next to my Steelfish to show the lack of AR and the size comparison. It's about the same size, but a lot deeper. This is a tall watch.

258590-5970.jpg

Case back? Looks like a regular caseback to me. Any experts want to weigh in?

258590-5971.jpg

The bracelet it was delivered on is the old "Professional" style (bottom on the picture below). I don't know if I'll ever wear it on this as I much prefer it on the leather I got with my Steelfish.

258590-5972.jpg

Here's how it looks on the wrist.

258590-5973.jpg

Here's your glory shot, available in 1280px wide if you click it. :D

258590-5974.jpg

Personally, I like this stainless fantasy version much more. I've never been a fan of Ti.

PS: Linked to the Breitling Guide. Thanks...great review & pics as usual.

• 2 months later...

I think that it is great. I have the Titanium version which can not be purchased anymore - which my Bro has been hassling me to give him (not going to happen). I wonder if he will accept this SS version?

How is the Bezel? One of the things that the Titanium version suffered from was a slight loose bezel.....

I got the same one from Andrew months ago and I love it...in its box.

I never never wear it but I'm happy it's here <_<

Safe queen! :p

Nice freebie Pugs, not sure about the SS or white dial personally but still...

For me the race is now on, which will come my way first? Old factory Ti Avenger or forthcoming PVD Skyland Avenger? :Jumpy:

I think that it is great. I have the Titanium version which can not be purchased anymore - which my Bro has been hassling me to give him (not going to happen). I wonder if he will accept this SS version?

How is the Bezel? One of the things that the Titanium version suffered from was a slight loose bezel.....

It's very slightly loose. Nothing egregious like on the Ultimate 092. Slightly clicks with a gentle tap. Nonetheless, solid feeling.