When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona.....

elwopo

b16a2 -- Good eye and you would be correct for the current Daytona (11652x). But the earlier (1652x) model had seconds at 9.

Based solely on seller's description/photos, the number of 100% positive feedbacks he has received in the past 12 months (109) & his 5 years as an ebay member, it looks like the real deal to me. The only minor reservation I would have is that he does not accept Paypal. Some honest people have legitimate reasons for not liking Paypal, but nearly all dishonest people refuse to accept Paypal. So I would contact the seller and do your best to feel him out. Like the seller said himself, buy the seller first, then the watch.

Thanks so much for the input. It is greatly appreciated!

Any ideas on what a good price would be? I don't have enough time in the game to know how much age of a watch factors into value.

At what price would you think something like this would be a bad deal?

The watch in the pics has never seen China!! 100% real, no doubts.

Hopefully, Ubi will comment since he is probably the most knowledgeable on the 16520, but anywhere from $7k-$12k would be within reason for this piece. Again, assuming the descriptions & photos the seller provided are 100% accurate. It is a beautiful watch.

Good luck.

That's a genuine 16523; dial is a MKIII (with inverted 6).

Collectible... But not as collectible as the 16520 (SS) or 16528 (18k). Figure on fair price being around the $7k to $8k range on the high end for a clean example.

Regardless of collector's status a very nice watch! But if you are after a Daytona, don't compromise... Get the 16520. You won't regret it...

258872-5854.jpg

Wow!

Once again....this forum....this little society of ours....has come together and provided amazing information.

I thank you all for the valuable insight. Ubi....you've helped me yet again....I appreciate it greatly!

You have ruined me though. I found a site dedicated to the 16520 after you mentioned it.....and now that I see it in detail....nothing else will do.

Great. Now I have something else to obsess about... <_<

Thanks again for all the help. Now I have something else to search for..... :Jumpy: