When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gutted

rag9fx

Ok i am not the biggest fan of modern rolexes ... and in the same respect i wasn't to keen on the 116520 rep that i had ... but i have to admit it was growing on me... in such a way that i didn't realise how much i would miss it... a couple days ago i took it off b4 jumping into the shower ... my flat, regardless of how small it is , contains some form of the burmuda triangle ... seriously we inexplicably lose things in this tiny studio flat all the time...my 116520 is its latest victim and its first watch ... and i have to say i have turned this place upside down... not a trace of it ... all that is left is its bezel protector ... sob ... being the superstitious Catholic that i am i have been beseeching St. Anthony to give me guidence ... no luck as of yet ... anyway ... end of pity party...

now if i was Mislaid daytona where would i be ????

Hmm weird but still i think it will pop up somewere ... i missplace things all the time and find them in the places i would not even think they are there :)

tip : try first in the most unusuall places to search for it , saved me some time :)

ps . this maybe out of order to ask , buuuut did u have some visitors lattely that coud have "borroved" the watch ?

regards laz

Edited by lazarini

Hi Laz,

the latter suggestion is certainly not out of order ... i too, thought that it was knicked ... my girlfriend said i was being silly... the issue that i have is that my flat is really really quite small... its a studio... seriously there is a japanese screen that seperates the 'bathroom and toilet ' from the rest of the flat ... and i a have been through it all except for behind the book shelves- ... yes i even checked the oven and the washing machine

Well hope not the latter case as then u need to think ower who was visiting from the time u remeber the watch was there ... and still if u do remeber realy weird askin ure m8 a question like : Soooo when u be returnin my rollie soon??

U now what i mean ... anyway u go about it temerature gonna raise hehehe

regards laz

Same thing happened to me a while ago. I wear genuine Cartier eyeglasses. The frames alone retail for $1,700 (I have a connection with a hefty discount though) not to mention $300 for the prescription lenses. I woke up one morning after getting pretty wasted and had some people over my house. I couldn't find my glasses anywhere. For about a month was wearing an older not as stylish pair that I had and was sure I had lost my second pair of Cartier glasses (the first pair was left on the bar).

Then one day while straightening up I lifted up a hat and there they were. The whole time sitting under a hat. Must have put them there when I was drunk so I wouldn't lose them.

Your watch will probably turn up in the place you least expect after you had forgotten about it and are ready to order a new one like I was. If it was stolen, just think about the look on the thief's face when he tries to pawn it.

rag9fx -- I presume this is a rented flat? Are there any tradesmen that have access to your flat to do maintenance or repairs or whatever that might have entered when you were out? If that is not the case, then you will probably find it one day exactly where you left it and then remember why you left it there. I used to do that nearly every day with keys, so I put up a key holder by the front door and 'trained' myself to use it religiously. Never lost a key (in my home) after that. Still, almost every time I work on a watch, I end up misplacing a tool. I will go to the kitchen to make a cup of tea, sitting a screwdriver on the counter, and then once back at my work table, I will spend an hour searching for the lost screwdriver. Eventually, I will have a reason to return to the kitchen and find the lost implement.

But I think it would be difficult to lose a shiny watch in a studio flat, especially if you have done a proper search (but I would definitely check behind those bookshelves), it may have 'walked' off, and not by itself.

I found a friends car keys in the freezer one time as she rolled her eyes for my looking in the stupidest places. She then remembered bringing in the shopping from the car, putting the keys down in the freezer and unloading the frozen goods on top of them.

I am a forgetful person so this happens to me from time to time. There is a pattern to it too. I generally lay something down in a place I would never do this normally. Like my glasses. On the table, the dresser, the desk no problem but as I set myself down by my book shelves the other day, I laid them on top of a book in the case. Drove me crazy till I found them. Good luck to you.

Usil

I was going to say look in the fridge but pug beat me too it. I once spent a whole night looking for a torx 20 screw driver (i have only one) to do a job on my bike 4 hours later i found it in the back pocket of my overalls, i mean this thing is 8 inches long but could not find it in my own pocket!

Yeah it's a rented flat ... but no one comming in or out since i was in the shower i would have noticed ... i take a look in the fridge ... i haven't checked there yet ... i was suprised to see all the replies ... all you guys are great... cheers for all the advice ... it will show up one of these days i am sure ...

Yeah it's a rented flat ... but no one comming in or out since i was in the shower i would have noticed ... i take a look in the fridge ... i haven't checked there yet ... i was suprised to see all the replies ... all you guys are great... cheers for all the advice ... it will show up one of these days i am sure ...

KEEP US POSTED PLEASE :cc_confused:

I really want to know where you will find it.