When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looks like the 2007 Cousteau has been repped

Steve G

The orange looks too bold..but I suppose it could just be the way the picture was taken.

I'm happy with the 2006 version I got, it has a nice balance of colors and "original wood". But I do like the caseback on the 2007 version.

Edited by Steve G

I have the IWC catalogue in front of me and I cannot really see a flaw to worry about. I much prefer this one and I think I'll now pull the trigger. They have even copied the book showing nuber 0001 of the 2500 series. The orange looks spot on in the book.

The other version has none of these issues :)

Looks like they dropped the ball with this one, it is a big flaw and changes the look of the watch for the worse.

If they corrected it, I would most probably buy it, as I like this version better than the older (more accurate) version......

mmm - not sure - check the IWC website - no complete orange ring there or orange tip on the chrono sec hand (although it is a small image). Josh's looks pretty damn close IMO.

Although, his date is out of alignment as is now the norm!

Hilts :play_ball:

Guest Sql_pl

Wow they were fast this time.

I am glad that I already bought my '06 model as it would be pretty hard to decide which one to go for if I'd be buying now.

I am afraid orange is a bit off in this 2007 model when compared to gen.

Not sure which one I prefer.

Does this mean that people who purchase the '06 version will be receiving a 'second generation' Cousteau?

There were rumours that there would be a revised version of the first version- dealing with some of the QC issues, etc...

I'd venture to guess that ths version comes with all the QC issues as before as not much is different in design. I agree with Pug, color hard to judge, I'd assume they got it right. The caseback looks pretty good as they managed to achieve the level of detail in the swarming fish.

I do like this caseback a little better, but prefer the 2006 dial.

I have the IWC catalogue in front of me and I cannot really see a flaw to worry about. I much prefer this one and I think I'll now pull the trigger. They have even copied the book showing nuber 0001 of the 2500 series. The orange looks spot on in the book.

Each piece is numbered differently correct? Otherwise.... :thumbdown:

OK that's cool, it does appear close to the gen :)

I really do prefer the style with the orange band going all the way round, I wonder why they changed it?

I liked they way the dial was framed with the non released version. The released watch does not do that. Weird how such a small change can alter how I perceive the watch......

In the catalogue the orange does run all the way round to 3 but it is a very thin line and not like the picture posted further up.

It is absent from Josh's pics completey but to me this is a small flaw and reps will always have them without exceptoin. Perfection can never be atained and I stopped looking for it long since. Major flaws are different of course but very slight one s are not a worry really on your wrist.

Having looked at more pictures of the released version, it would seem there should be a thin orange line above the black triange. Also from 12-3 there should be a very thin orange line seperating the black quarter circle from the black dial.

The replica is missing these very thin orange lines.

You can see it here: https://www.iwc.com/collection/popup/popup_...w=0&v=50602

Might want to feed that back to the makers of this watch.

Cheers :D

In the catalogue the orange does run all the way round to 3 but it is a very thin line and not like the picture posted further up.

It is absent from Josh's pics completey but to me this is a small flaw and reps will always have them without exceptoin. Perfection can never be atained and I stopped looking for it long since. Major flaws are different of course but very slight one s are not a worry really on your wrist.

We both spotted that at the same time :p

There is a message asking for feedback on the watch, it would be worth sending the information on to be sure :D

Guest Sql_pl

I am also afraid that those 2007 caseback engravings may be sharp and uncomfortable in this rep...

261596-5318.jpg

But it is of course great to see factoris reacting so fast - after all IWC just released that model.

This picture is slowly making me want one... the contrasting subdials with great AR coating and all the colors... mmm...

261596-5319.jpg