When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SuperReps: an observation

Pugwash

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1671&zenid=d8bc57b00d90d797cfad0f2ebb2f1138

Is this the latest example of the creeping 'super' rep inflation? Maybe these guys are testing the waters, seeing just how far they can push the edge of the cost envelope. After seeing all the gushing over the Steelfish and the Cousteau I guess I'd try the same tactic. As for me, I'll pick up one or two more pieces I've had my eye on, then I'm going to be strictly a spectator 'til this goes back to being an affordable hobby.

A bit off topic...

from the TT's info page:

"The Double Window Date Aperture is Perpetually Driven, which means Date will advance from 31 to 01.."

:) We could say that a watch has a perpetual date if it can recognize months that have only 30 days, and goes from 30 to 01... Is this the case with this complication?

BTW: This complication is called 'annual calendar",. Then you have to set it once per year (vs 5..) A true perpetual takes into account leap years and february too, needing setting only once per 400years. And yes, there are watches that correct that too, they are called "secular calendar".

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic