When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review my Daytona....

Subby

Yes, I would be interested as well. Your case looks exactly like mine (which was purchased from a UK auction site almost 3 years ago), but your dial does not have the 2 small issues (pointed "A"s in DAYTONA and 3 & 9 subdials too close to the 2 & 10 index markers) that my dial suffers from -- it was your dial that fooled me. And you are right about the sound of the movement -- the 7750 movement is louder and a bit more tinny than the Rolex 4130.

Is there a movement that can be used apart from a gen one??

subdial spacing?

seconds at 6?

correct depth?

If there was some one here would have built a franken by now,

Is this a gen Dial?

We have the worlds concentration or rep experts here (there may be others on DS and the other boards but i would say they would here and there)

If this is a rep and two years old and we are saying by the comments above that it is perfect ie 1-1 some one here would know where it came from or at least of its or the makers existance!

I recommend caution.

I think its a rep.

The subdial spacing is off slightly.

Compare the 3:00 subdial spacing against the marker and then look at the spacing between the marker and the 9:00 subdial

It seems that its not evenly spaced, unless its the angle of the photo...

I think your seeing the shadow off the marker from he above light source and its making the 3 o'clock marker look closer... I think this watch is a gen. opening it up would end this discussion quickly

I have seen a 116520 rep with that thickness and rehaut once...but the mods done to the bezel and case were absolutely tremendous...

And I've seen this project about 10 months ago, not 2 years...

Here the tickness, dial and hands gives it away as a gen!

If the member indeed try to pass his 116520 as a rep, then, I'm sorry but the story tells us two thing:

Details, like rehaut or hands, on a magnified picture are the only way to tell for sure,

The average joe will never know the difference

I think I will buy a new 116520 and work it a bit again, no need to spend more for this model that when a gen is presented nobody is able to tell at first glance, wich is actually the only look you'll have at someone's wrist on most occasions...

To the owner of this 116520: thank you for telling is the replica is that close, and that we don't need to worry about the tiny details...

I think he should be elected to VIP