When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3717 - Next Purchase

maxmsu

Ready for my next purchase - 3717

Before I pull the trigger, could someone clearify something for me?

1. The newer generation (I assume) with older 7750 - Do the date/day wheels line up? The pictures look great, just want to know if they do in the real world.

2. Any AR coating at all? - Confusing part, someone says yeah and some says nay.

3. PICTURES will be great!

Thanks!

The day/date wheels might line up perfectly, they might not be perfect at all settings. It's the luck of the draw, I think, with any Asia 7750 (new or old).

I think that there is a slight amount of AR. As is though, the crystal looks the same as it does on the genuine 3717.

I will post new pics of my 3717 once I get it back from The Zigmeister!

Cheers

1. The newer generation (I assume) with older 7750 - Do the date/day wheels line up? The pictures look great, just want to know if they do in the real world.

i have never heard that there are multiple "generations" of this watch -- i'm guessing they are all from the same factory...EL had access to these first (i believe it was a limited 100 piece run), and other got access to the watch later....

are there really versions available now with the OLD (21.6k bph) asian movement??

i have this watch from EL; it has awesome presence on the wrist, and looks great on the ss bracelet.

deltatahoe

I believe that the newer asian 7750 is standard in this piece.

Without replacing the day date wheel, there are some days that line up better than others.

The watch I show here is my 3717 back from The Zigmeister. After servicing, my day date wheel alignment is pretty darn perfect (every day) without replacing with genuine day date wheels.

I am perfectly happy with it.

Additionally I had The Zigmeister do the re lume, and this makes this piece close to perfect, IMO.

I highly recommend this watch to any collector.

post-22-1181768692_thumb.jpg

The ones with lower price (compare to the EL's price) comes with a older 7750 - has been confirm on another board. Just an FYI. So I thought maybe they fixed the date wheels issues here.

I could be wrong though. For those bought the 3717 under $300, your input will be great.

The ones with lower price (compare to the EL's price) comes with a older 7750 - has been confirm on another board. Just an FYI. So I thought maybe they fixed the date wheels issues here.

I could be wrong though. For those bought the 3717 under $300, your input will be great.

Yeah looks like you are correct- I checked my EL 3717 and it DOES have the new hi beat 7750- While the other reps seem to have the older version- interesting.

Absolutely no AR on mine though...

My version runs dead-on accurate...

Can anyone confirm who can supply the version with the older movement, or does anyone want to sell theirs (older Asian movement only)?

Eddie, River, Precious Time, new movement. Cartel (Puretime, Joshua, Andrew), old movement. Don't get the old one unless you're planning on a movement swap, it smells of wee. :thumbdown:

I've just changed my Cousteau order for one seeing as Cousteaus are out of stock and have QC issues. I'll get back to ordering the Cousteau next month or so.

If you are contemplating getting one to swap with a Swiss movement do get the older movement version. It is cheaper and I believe the hands should fit directly on without any modification. Old 7750's were bad movements but their parts directly swap onto Swiss 7750's unlike the new hi-beats.

If you are contemplating getting one to swap with a Swiss movement do get the older movement version. It is cheaper and I believe the hands should fit directly on without any modification. Old 7750's were bad movements but their parts directly swap onto Swiss 7750's unlike the new hi-beats.

If I amthinking about a swap, what would I expect to pay for a Swiss 7750 movement?

• 1 month later...
Eddie, River, Precious Time, new movement. Cartel (Puretime, Joshua, Andrew), old movement. Don't get the old one unless you're planning on a movement swap, it smells of wee. :thumbdown:

I've just changed my Cousteau order for one seeing as Cousteaus are out of stock and have QC issues. I'll get back to ordering the Cousteau next month or so.

Excuse me Pugwash, perhaps i am beeing daft but checking Joshuas site it says that it has the 28.8 movt. Does that not mean that it has the newer version?

/Niller