When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who's got Bush's watch?

FWATCH

I guess that is a good question, what watch do you think he wears?

Apparently it WASNT stolen but he took it off for some reason and was seen wearing it again later.

It was stolen. There is a clip of it on YouTube. He's doing a 'meet and greet' of a crowd, and doing a little hand pressing with his sleeves rolled up. At one point, the crowd surges against him, and while people are touching his hand, it's clear to see one person's hand groping his wrist... When Bush steps back, the watch is gone...

After some google research, I have to agree:

"US President George W. Bush is a very modest person: he wears a 50-dollar Timex Indiglo watch. The American president is sure that he will never lose his watch ...( :D )...: the presidential watch has a personal engraving on the back: George W. Bush President January 20, 2001."

English Pravda

Here is the complete article, very interesting, though. Now I know, where all those Patek's are sold :pPutin wears a 60,000-dollar watch in comparison with George W.Bush's Timex for $50

You believe everything you "see" on YouTube?

Have you actually seen the clip?

They claim it wasn't stolen, that he took it off during that time and then put it back on later that same day.

Please explain how someone with his arms outstretched, his hands shoulder width apart, can remove and pocket his watch, while still 'high-fiving' the crowd.

'They' claim it wasn't stolen, because to admit someone could get that close to the President, shows just how easily it would have been for someone to have put a bullet in his face, and that really isn't the kind of thing people would want to be considering.

Have a look at the clip and see for yourself. There's nothing doctored or staged about it, and it is noticeable precicely what point the watch was stolen by one of the crowd.

TeeJay, whats the big deal? You are making a lot of assumptions, but OK, you are the wise one ;)

I have more important things to do than argue with someone that I don't know about something that neither of us has any authority on.

I still think that article was an interesting read, I was interested in what watches different leaders wear... pretty kewl stuff.

It is a Timex, but a solid gold Timex especially made for the Pres by one of his good friends that is a" big wig "in the Timex organization. The back is inscribed George W. Bush President of the US and the dates in office. A one-of-a-kind timepiece.

You believe everything you "see" on YouTube?

They claim it wasn't stolen, that he took it off during that time and then put it back on later that same day.

You believe everything they claim? ;)

TeeJay, whats the big deal? You are making a lot of assumptions, but OK, you are the wise one ;)

I have more important things to do than argue with someone that I don't know about something that neither of us has any authority on.

I still think that article was an interesting read, I was interested in what watches different leaders wear... pretty kewl stuff.

It's really not a big deal, but I've seen the clip, and it was as plain as day to see that someone had the watch off his wrist while he was high-fiing the crowd, and I believe what I can see with my own eyes a lot more than I believe an 'official statement', particularly when that statement is contradicted by what I've seen, and I just don't understand how someone who had seen the footage, would swallow the 'official' version of events :thumbsupsmileyanim:

There was a guide by a well known magician in the Daily Mail, a UK newspaper the otherday on the finger/hand techniques for removing a watch with a buckle from someones wrist as used in the Bush incident. Bet he wears a deployant clasp from now on! ;)

There's a follow-up clip from NBC news on YouTube now. From a different comera angle you can clearly see that Bush pauses, puts his arm in front of his body, removes his watch and puts it in his pocket. Granted he does it quickly, but it's pretty obvious that that is what he's doing. Too bad though. The other scenario make a much better story.

It's really not a big deal, but I've seen the clip, and it was as plain as day to see that someone had the watch off his wrist while he was high-fiing the crowd, and I believe what I can see with my own eyes a lot more than I believe an 'official statement', particularly when that statement is contradicted by what I've seen, and I just don't understand how someone who had seen the footage, would swallow the 'official' version of events :thumbsupsmileyanim: