When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Would you wear rep clothes

FxrAndy

Rep Clothing  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Rep clothing

• Yes
    • No

Me yes i do, i spent some time in Cyprus and a way to pass some of the boredom was shopping, so off i would go to Turkey town and buy a couple of shirts or so (couple of watches as well) Now normally i don't spent a lot time or money on clothes, but out of all the stuff i got out there i have only managed to wreck or wear out a pair of jeans. Now when i do spend money on things i like them to last, I only wear Meindl boots, good Jeans ect, but this rep stuff i got out there is good kit. It has lasted. I have seen reports of some very good suits coming this way (plug for Ken, Do i get a free one?) So how many of you would or do wear rep clothing?

I never have but I definitely would as long as it looks and feels good.

I wouldn't buy it just cause of the brand though e.g. I don't like those Paul Hardy (?) jeans and wouldn't wear them just cause they're the hot style.

My favourite store is actually Banana Republic cause their clothes feel so good and their pants actually fit me well. A lot of the more designer brands (for the masses) like Armani Exchange, etc. don't work well with my big thighs and smaller waist.

kenberg seems to have some nice stuff and I'm likely going to place an order with him in the future.

I managed to get access to TRC today and got to view all of kenberg's goods for the first time.

There are some gorgeous pinstripe suits in there calling my name. I am very curious about some of the internet tailors I've seen advertised though and I want to give them a try first to see how well that turns out. Not expecting a tailored Brioni or Zegna suit by any stretch of the imagination but shouldn't be too bad hopefully. If that works out, I'm gonna be one happy mofo. Prices are more expensive than kenberg's stuff though.

Saw some ties and stuff I'm interested in though. Expect an order in about 2 months when I upgrade my hospital garb.

Hey ken, do you have any issues with customs like the watches do?

Well it is still replica goods but as far as yet I haven't had a package stopped and we have options to look after you if ever one was.

Ken

Buying clothing online is particularly difficult because size and fit are variable.

I purchased Levi jeans online and no problem, they fit just as I expected. I purchased Ecco shoes online from a regular store and they were/are the most uncomfortable pair of Eccos that I have ever owned. If I had purchased them from Nordstrom or Macys I would have taken them right back.

I can't say for sure whether these Eccos are or are not reps. But I would never under any circumstances deliberately buy a pair of rep shoes.

A belt or wallet, probably. A suit or sport coat definitely not. But a shirt, especially a casual shirt such as a polo, perhaps.

Hey no fair.....I don't sell Eccos :D

Even with my suits they must have minor tailoring done by the customer, but having said that you only need to look at my reviews (plus the fact I bought 3 myself) to see they are every bit as nice as the gens.

Ken

I have purchased.....um.....errr....crap, a lot of suits off Ken. Many for my friends and family members. I personally own 6 of Ken's suits. I can honestly say that the quality is fantastic. Much more than what you would expect for $150. When I order them I just give my waist and chest measurements. Like Ken said, I just bring them to a competent tailor to do some minor alterations. They look fantastic. I own gen Armani, Boss, Zegna, Paul Smith and Ralph Lauren suits. Yes, the gens are for sure better quality, but no different than rep watches. But then again, this is why it is nice to pay $150 for a rep and not $1000 - $3000 for the real deal. The key is to stretch out your dollar. Unless you collect brand name suits, you can't really tell the difference. They truly are that good!! Check out my review at TRC under Bergies Belts. My alias there is Drakos.

I didn't intend any comment or critique of any dealer in my comments. I'd probably go with Ken before anyone else, if I was to purchase rep clothing on line. But where fit and comfort are critical, I really, really want to try on exactly what I'm getting before I put down my credit card.

But where fit and comfort are critical, I really, really want to try on exactly what I'm getting before I put down my credit card.

Agreed 100%.

There's too much variability with sizes, fit and cut. I don't know how many times I've grabbed some clothing that looked great on the rack but like absolute poo on me when I put it on.

I generally will only buy brands (online) that I know consistently fit me and I have experience with. But a L in Armani Exchange isn't always equal to an L in Banana or J Crew although it's not so bad for shirts, etc. Pants are a whole 'nother ball game.

@kenberg: thanks for the reply.

For jeans, I'm a little picky- Usually Diesels or Sevens, and I almost always end up having to get them tailored :( But, spending $220 on a pair of jeans isn't bad... About the same as buying a rep watch, and I usually get a good 2 or 3 of years out of a pair. So with the cost spread out, it's not so bad.

As for rep clothes... For things like suits... I've been contemplating a Paul Smith from Ken. Only thing is... I rarely find myself in situations where I would need to wear a suit.

Well a suit will last for years and years if you get a more contemporary/classic style e.g. 3 buttons instead of the currently more fashionable/trendy 2.

So why not get while the getting's hot? Can't beat $150 for a decent suit.

I also don't currently wear suits very much but my current one's not good enough for me any more (bought a few years ago while I was still in university and quite frankly, it looks cheap to me now and doesn't fit all that great) and it's always good to have a nice suit hanging around for when you do need it. :)

Indeed- Always good to have a nice, classic cut suit. Never know when the occassion might arise for needing one. I currently have a single suit hanging in the closet amidst a bunch of casual clothes. That one suit is probably sufficient for those few times I need it, but the Paul Smith that Jawo had posted in Bergie's review is quite tempting :)

Morally, I wouldn't have any objections, afterall, I wouldn't be collecting rep watches if I did... However, I am not someone that really cares about brandnames or labels, and I tend to wear 'generic' clothing anyway as it's just as good as designer labels, but a fraction of the cost. Example, I bought a sweater in a UK store, called Burtons, for

I dont like rep clothing (except for fery few exceptions) at all. They are inferior quality and suck most of the time. There are high end rep clothes out there that are almost indistinguishable from the real deal, but they are very hard to find and also very expensive.

I wouldnt buy anything in turkey (clothes wise) for more than 10$. They are simply not worth more! They will start at 60$ or so, but eventueally settle for 10.