When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

$3000 watch on WoMart?

Jumbie

http://www.wo-mart.com/product_info.php?cP...products_id=955

Umm, I've seen the $888,888 when new watches come out that haven't been priced yet but this, and several other VC watches, look like they're priced at $1500+.

Besides that fact that they're "soild gold" (yeah I know it's a typo) and absolutely hideous IMO, what gives?

PS If the above link doesn't work for some reason (as I've found product links not to) just check the Vacheron watches. They're on the first page.

Why can't this be an all gold series? I think this is why he is giving the grams of gold used in the cases. No info given on the diamonds.

All in all this is an ugly series, regardless of the materials used. t looks like a hack shop work. Still, it might be the first generation of a true gold series.

Bad news is that gold IS expensive compared to SS.. So, if they are looking for the same profit margins over gold cost, as in SS, then a true 18K datejust will be the same price as the gen!

Yeah, I don't get it. Understandably it will be expensive if it's real solid gold but who's really in the rep game to buy a watch like that?

From the other thread I started asking about gold-plated reps, a couple people mentioned that they are doing gold PVD now that looks as good as the real thing. I'd think that's a much better option (or just sticking with gold plating).

Gold PVD is better resistant than thin gold plate. A lot cheaper genuine manufacturers have started using this technology. The problem is our sources don't know (or want to tell) which watch is using what.

I would be interested in a full platinum watch. :) I don't like gold.. Maybe rose gold, but this might be a fashion thing.. I would love to have a platinum Portuguese Automatik 2000:)

http://www.timezone.com/library/itsabouttime/itsabout0004

Looks like Paul has gone AWOL again...either that or his Web site had been hijacked in the last 12 hours.

This is very troubling to me, as I only just noticed that (I have an order pending with him).

In the left-handed sidebar, one sees this: FRAUD LIST AD. When someone clicks on any watch link, you are redirected to a page with a hotmail address.

Very worrisome. I'll fire off an email now.

This is very troubling to me, as I only just noticed that (I have an order pending with him).

In the left-handed sidebar, one sees this: FRAUD LIST AD. When someone clicks on any watch link, you are redirected to a page with a hotmail address.

Very worrisome. I'll fire off an email now.

Paul got back to me, and said he had a new website (and that my watch was shipped today). Not sure if he wants to post his site here, himself, but I'm off to sleep. I'll post it if he doesn't. :)

Paul got back to me, and said he had a new website (and that my watch was shipped today). Not sure if he wants to post his site here, himself, but I'm off to sleep. I'll post it if he doesn't. :)

I see no problem with doing that, just post it here...that's fine.

Yeah, I see that happening now. Was working fine yesterday when I posted this thread even though that Fraud List thingy was there on the menu (I noticed it and clicked it wondering what was up).