When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Omega Planet Ocean arrived today ...

wheaton26

hello, i finally pulled the trigger on the seamaster planet ocean big size. i'll keep the dealer out of the equation for now as there is an issue with the watch. i was hesitating on buying this watch because of the feet on the omega ellipse logo. a day later the dealer sent me this picture ...

268497-4137.jpg

stating that they just solved this problem and that's what i would receive. well today the watch arrived and there is a couple of things that i could live with but was really looking forward to the correct logo, especially because i haven't seen it on this model yet. i have written him an e-mail and expect to hear a response within a day or two. anyway, since my new purchase of a lighting studio i decided to take a picture for you. has anyone else heard of them offering this watch with the correct logo recently? that's what i paid for but obviously didn't receive. hopefully the dealer will make good. i would appreciate the experts weighing in on the other flaws as i am a panerai man and simply don't know what to look for. all the best.

268497-4138.jpg

The Bond PO from one of our collector has the correct logo but with other problems suck as small 12, 3, 6,9 markers like on the top pic, i think i know who we are talking about, but he is normally very helpfull and truthful.

It looks like things have not changed much in the replica world :rolleyes: one should think that making that these kind of mistakes would be weeded out at some point.....but uneducated labor is cheap keeping the replicas inexpensive....or prices on a meal

268674-4106.jpg

hello, i finally pulled the trigger on the seamaster planet ocean big size. i'll keep the dealer out of the equation for now as there is an issue with the watch. i was hesitating on buying this watch because of the feet on the omega ellipse logo. a day later the dealer sent me this picture ...

269108-4015.jpg

stating that they just solved this problem and that's what i would receive. well today the watch arrived and there is a couple of things that i could live with but was really looking forward to the correct logo, especially because i haven't seen it on this model yet. i have written him an e-mail and expect to hear a response within a day or two. anyway, since my new purchase of a lighting studio i decided to take a picture for you. has anyone else heard of them offering this watch with the correct logo recently? that's what i paid for but obviously didn't receive. hopefully the dealer will make good. i would appreciate the experts weighing in on the other flaws as i am a panerai man and simply don't know what to look for. all the best.

269108-4016.jpg

Sorry, but I've got a real mixed opinion about this...

Yes, it's utterly dishonest that the dealer said they would ship a watch with the correct logo but still ship one with an incorrect logo, and I would never defend a dealer who advertises or promises X, and delivers Y, but, and this is a Big But, are you forgetting that this is a replica? Other than another watch enthusiast, who in your everyday life is actually going to notice the logo as incorrect? Who would even know what the correct logo should be? Considering that people in the past have complained that the logos were not properly lined up (which is way more noticeable than which version of the logo is used, because the Human eye picks up miss-allignments way more than specific detail), it really is a very minor issue to worry about... Are you bothered that the watch itself is likely not on a Planet Ocean strap, but a Seamaster Strap? That's a way more noticeable 'tell' to the more well-informed observer than the shape of a 4mm sliver of metal seen from 4ft away...

As I said, the dealer clearly lied to you, so that's [censored] behaviour, and as others mentioned, you should definitely 'name and shame' them, afterall, we are all part of a community here with common goals and interests. By calling a dealer out, you protect others from falling foul of similar behaviour in the future. It doesn't really bother me if a dealer sells a Planet Ocean with an incorrect logo, as long as that is entirely what they advertised and promised to provide. As soon as they start misrepresenting their product, then I lose all patience with them entirely.

My Planet Ocean 45mm has the same flaws as the one you have shown (pearl, logo with feet) it also has a dial where the indices are fractionally too thin, and it is on a 20mm Seamaster strap. But. It has been on my wrist solidly since it arrived (with the exception of when I tried on a Panerai I ordered for my dad, but actually gave to my father in law, as I wanted to see what a Panerai would look like) The flaws simply don't bother me. If they did, I would order a gen dial and strap and start swapping parts over, but that's not going to happen, because the watch is 'good enough' as it is. Just to reiterate, I totally sympathise that you were given Y when you were promised X, I just don't think it's an issue worth getting yourself worked up over. As I said, these are replica watches, they are not going to be perfect. For perfection, one must either modify the watch with OEM parts, or, simply buy the genuine article to begin with...

Best of luck with getting the issue resolved :)

well i just received word from the dealer that he is going to send me the correct watch. he wants me to send this one back via airmail. i replied stating that i would send the watch back upon arrival of the new one ... i hope that isn't to bold to ask. i'll keep you posted with the outcome but it sounds to me that an updated version of the ultimate po may be here ... only time will tell!

• 3 weeks later...

well it is time to name the dealer as he came through on his word! the dealer was jay and the replacement watch literally just arrived. it looks great and has the correct logo! i am at work right now but will try to post some pictures a.s.a.p. it took exactly one month from the day i made payment for the correct watch to be in my hands, but it was well worth the wait. i made payment on june 9th and received the first watch on june 21st. it was then back and forth with a few e-mails and today the problem was rectified. this is going to be interesting for those of you with the ultimate planet ocean as this may be the ultimate now? please stay tuned for a post with pictures and lastly, a big thanks to jay ... even though there was a small problem, he clearly went out of his way to make it right.

Still not a perfect dial but i preferit to the UPO as it has the correct logo, Jay just need to add some AR and better lume, date window is not to bad, and enlarge the markers at 12, 3, 6 and 9, but still would you have a rolls if the logo was wrong.

Still not a perfect dial but i preferit to the UPO as it has the correct logo, Jay just need to add some AR and better lume, date window is not to bad, and enlarge the markers at 12, 3, 6 and 9, but still would you have a rolls if the logo was wrong.

easier change logo on UPO. :bleh: