When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help with watch id, gavin newsome at SF pride...

longshot

Pride isn't about celebrating gayness. It's about celebrating the fact one can be openly gay. It's a "look how far we've come" statement. I doubt, however, pride festivals happen that far away from major urban centres, proving that we haven't in fact advanced that far.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The analogy between "homophobia" (silly word) and racism os irrational. A person's race is an intrinsic, biologically based state. Homosexuality is a form of behavior. It is not bigoted to disapprove of a person's behavior.

You say behaviour, others say state. You're saying there's a choice involved, others say there isn't. Bigotry is not entertaining the possibility that it might be biological, because you know best.

Warburg, I'm just a newbie, and somehow my words were what inflamed this thread into something which were not intended.

Even so, I'd like to ask, no to plead with people for this thread not to descend further than what it has, by posting our opinions about homosexuality (or politics, religion, anything outside of the context of rep watches).

If we do, it could be visceral, never-ending, and frankly, silly.

There is, although I haven't checked because I have never found a need to chat OT on a forum before, an "Off Topic" area on this site, yes?

I suggest that if we want to discuss these contentious topics, that we do so there. We're here mostly to have fun. Let's do so. :)

I wasn't aware of posting any opinion about homosexuality, politics, or religion. What I thought I was doing was criticizing some of the politically correct, high-minded moral judgments that pour out whenever someone even implies that he is less than totally accepting of homosexual behavior or any other kind of behavior.

I'm far from a homophobe. I have known many gay and lesbians, and have found most to be very colorful and kind people. Living in Toronto, the home of one of the worlds largest Pride parades, I have never understood how publicly flaunting deviant behavior, public nudity, and performing public acts that would get you arrested on any other day can be considered as pride. Every year the mayor is front and center, not because he wants to, but because he has to. Politicians are in my opinion extorted into hosting this debacle, lest they feel the ramifications of the gay voters, who always turn out in large numbers. Believe me, most hetro people feel the same way, but will never speak up for fear of being labeled a bigot or homophobe.

Some of you guys crack me up. Like there's a way to eliminate gayness.

BTW, I think the watch is a Chopard Luc Pro 1 Diver. ON EDIT: Actually, I don't. I didn't look at the zoom pic or the strap closely enough. It's a Cartier chrono. Oh, and BTW, you guys who don't like "gay" watches better get rid of those 187's because the flamingest designer on HGTV wears one on a regular basis...

You say behaviour, others say state. You're saying there's a choice involved, others say there isn't. Bigotry is not entertaining the possibility that it might be biological, because you know best.

Good Lord, did I imply that homosexual thoughts, ideas, or urges were a matter of choice or that the condition might not be biologically determined? I thought that I specifically referred to "behavior." Can you imagine judging people's morality by their urges, however biologically determined? I've even had the urge to steal. Civilization consists of controlling and channeling socially destructive urges. It would be bigoted to judge people by their states of mind or emotions, but having a moral sense results in approving of some actions and disapproving of others.

I wasn't aware of posting any opinion about homosexuality, politics, or religion. What I thought I was doing was criticizing some of the politically correct, high-minded moral judgments that pour out whenever someone even implies that he is less than totally accepting of homosexual behavior or any other kind of behavior.

Warburg, you posted an opinion about homosexuality being a behaviour. That is an opinion, and please do not reply that it is or isn't:

I'm simply uninterested in discussing such a weighty topic on A REPLICA WATCH FORUM with total strangers. That's something best reserved for friends, family, at the voting booth...and failing all else, in the OT area of this forum, don't you think?

Some of you guys crack me up. Like there's a way to eliminate gayness.

BTW, I think the watch is a Chopard Luc Pro 1 Diver. ON EDIT: Actually, I don't. I didn't look at the zoom pic or the strap closely enough. It's a Cartier chrono. Oh, and BTW, you guys who don't like "gay" watches better get rid of those 187's because the flamingest designer on HGTV wears one on a regular basis...

Last night, I went to the Bvlgari site and actually, like a fool, looked at their watches for hours (okay, 20 minutes) trying to determine if it were one, or not. I have a real Bvlgari, and the wristband is very distinctive, which Mayor Newsom's resembled.

But I think you are right about the Cartier chrono, actually. And for the record, with his slicked back hair, and elegant demeanour, I would've sworn he were not a Pannie-lover, but more into Vacheron Constantins.

If he were the Parisian mayor, he certainly would sport at least a Breguet.

DISCLAIMER:

The messages express the views of the author of the message, NOT the views of RWGs admin. The RWG admin will remove any objectionable messages immediately upon being contacted concerning objectionable material. We reserve the right to delete any message for any reason. All information found on this website is to be used for educational purposes only, and cannot be used to conduct illegal activites of any sort. By reading the material on this website, you agree to assume full responsibility for any actions and consequences from the use, misuse or abuse of any of the information found on this website. You agree to hold this website, it's owners, operators and agents harmless from any lawsuit or legal actions as a result of your actions.

THAT would make my day. ;)

"To: The Honourable Gavin Newsom"

Dear Sir,

Dude, you totally harshed our RWG mellow with your substandard, rep Bvlgari wristwatch worn recently at "Pride". We, the undersigned, suggest you look into the following list of reputable vendors in future.

http://www.ttwristwatch.com/

http://www.perfectclones88.com/

http://www.pam111.com/

http://www.silix-prime.com/

Tell them Dutchy sent ya.

Sincerely,

The Replica Watch Group"