When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

so i went in to largest watch store ever today

cableguy

I was there last year.. spent an hour or so trying on damm near everything they had. The rule in Vegas seems to be never underestimate the buying power of the guy who wanders in, he might have just won enough to buy half the shop.

It was huge. Every watch brand known to man. I got to see panerai for the first time. I was like a fat kid in a candy store it was [censored]en awesome. Highly recommended for you guys to check out

I think the store you are referring to was Torrneau. The store is absolutely huge, you are correct. I was there a few weeks back and, not unlike any Panerai AD in the States, they were basically sold out of almost every watch w/ the exception of an 18k Radiomir. They told me that they cant keep them in stock.

I got a chance to try on the Breitling Flying "B" as well. Now that watch is massive.

I was just in that store 2 hours ago and they are pretty much sold out of Panerai watches. They had only 3 and the desk clock on display. Their Rolex, Breitling, Cartier, Omega displays in particular are fantastic. The Tourneau store is a mere 5 minute walk from my workplace, so it it is a frequent that I visit, and yes it is the biggest watch store in the USA. Don't miss it if you are in Vegas.

If you want to enter watch paradise come to Hong Kong - there are simply dozens of stores with the most amazing selection of high end stuff - your wallet will have a heart attack but I guarantee you will not stop drooling

VTX

Edited by vtx

If you want to enter watch paradise come to Hong Kong - there are simply dozens of stores with the most amazing selection of high end stuff - your wallet will have a heart attack but I guarantee you will not stop drooling

VTX

I second that- but the cocky attitude from some of the stores need to change... :thumbdown:

Singapore will blow your mind too.. I went into a store with literally $50 million + in stock, probably much much more. Tourbillons by the dozen. Every top hand made brand, Patek, Lange, Vacheron, Mille, Breguet, Audemars, and the list goes on. I don't think they even stocked Rolex as it too common!!

I tried on a high end Lange & Sohne and asked about different dial colours, the sales guy opened up a drawer with perhaps 30 Lange's of just that one model in every possible combination of dial and straps. And that was in addition to the dozens in the displays. There were a whole lot of those drawers too for every different brand.

VTX

I agree as well....there is a particular store in Marina City in HK that I visited that had thousands of timepieces. Panerai, and Patek were the areas that were getting the most attention when I was there but to see so many watches. Some upwards of $150k USD with "bling" all around. Their window displays have ten times the watches that most US stores carry.

I just returned from the Carribean and on the better islands between the various jewelery stores there is a really good selection. One store had 20 or so Panerai's and not only the 40mm's or Radiomirs. Another store had every type of IWC imaginable. They were so nice that I walked out with the brochures for the Cousteau we all own and the Big Pilot as well as a 300 page book on IWC which is a fabulous reference manual. In the islands they too subscribe to the theory that you never know what that next customer looks like. Everyone is in shorts or bathing suits. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Singapore will blow your mind too.. I went into a store with literally $50 million + in stock, probably much much more. Tourbillons by the dozen. Every top hand made brand, Patek, Lange, Vacheron, Mille, Breguet, Audemars, and the list goes on. I don't think they even stocked Rolex as it too common!!

I tried on a high end Lange & Sohne and asked about different dial colours, the sales guy opened up a drawer with perhaps 30 Lange's of just that one model in every possible combination of dial and straps. And that was in addition to the dozens in the displays. There were a whole lot of those drawers too for every different brand.

Question:

I know a very snobby guy from Singapore who is always talking about his Mario Paci straps, etc. for his Pannie. What are the chances in these Asian countries, that the Pannies are real, if the reps are plethoric in volume there?

I would love to be able to tell if his is real or not, but like me (if his is indeed not original), I'm sure he counts on your average person not knowing the diff. :)

@vbarret

Singapore is probably the exception when it comes to reps.. there just aren't any for sale anywhere. I'm sure they are available if you know the right people but nothing else in any of the markets or the usual places you expect. Also as Singapore has a very high income level and no-one owns cars they all buy watches as status symbols instead.

Its also a very safe place so you see top dollar watches being worn everywhere. Its the only place where I've seen numerous high end genuines being worn openly on the subway.

Another interesting thing in Singapore is Rolex, Its about as prestigious as Toyota.. everyone who doesn't have something better seems to buy Rolex. I have never seen so many. And the dealers are eveywhere, and they stock about a thousand watches minimum. The steel and gold datejust is by far the top seller based on the stock levels. Subs and GMT are "really only for teenagers" I was told.

The very first panerai i bought came from Torneau in Caesars palace. Last time i went i spent five hours just looking and drooling over watches. Four hours and fifty nine minutes of that time was spent getting damn sales reps off my back, but hey it was worth it. My wife and I are returning to Vegas in October, she told me last week. :whistling: I have been thumbing through the Wristwatch Annual ever since. Any one have any recommendations for a watch up to $6000? I am considering a 112 if they have one.