When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I went to the official watches store in Athens wearing this and

kavaron

I just received yesterday the VC10018 Perpetual Calender RG from Joshua

http://perfect-clones.com/product_info.php...products_id=647

A friend of mine is working to the the largest watches store in Athens which has all kinds of watches and I wanted to show him this watch and see hopw easily he would recognise that it is a replica.

So I went in and after I greeted him I showed him this piece. He almost started shaking when he saw the VC and while I was removing it he put both his palms under my wrist so I dont drop the watch and damage it. "WOW, where did you get this? It is fantastic." I gave it to him and he was commenting all the time how nice it was until he turned it over and saw the ETA 2836-2 mechanism and he immediately realised that it wasnt a VC mechanism. He still told me that he has never seen such a good replica and he gave the watch to his master, a 60 year old guy who is working there for 40 years and has seen all kinds of watches.

When he saw it he said. Oh my God, that is the Limited Edition VC, it costs around 60.000 euros. Again the moment he saw the back he said. [censored]. It is a replica. I dont believe this...

To sum up, the guys were astonished from how good this replica was and said that NOBODY in the world could recognize that this watch is a replica while you wear it. (and they have seen hundreds of reps in their lives, they said this was the best). The old guy also said that he has seen this watch, the real one, once in his life a few years ago and he thinks that it had a power reserve as well.

To be honest this watch looks VERY good but I havent seen the real one anywhere. Is it a fantasy model? I dont care if it looks that good and even the experts rub their eyes

The old guy also said that he has seen this watch, the real one, once in his life a few years ago and he thinks that it had a power reserve as well.

correct me if I'm wrong but this is a fantasy watch having some similarities with the VC 1755 Limited Edition, which came out last year (it does have power reserve, though).

haha great story :) I wonder if this ever could happen to me in person.

It must be funny to see old man grabbing his forehead shouting '[censored]!! It's a replica!!" :lol:

Edited by pubus

To sum up, ..... NOBODY in the world could recognize that this watch is a replica while you wear it.

Horologists sheeesssss................ :lol:

Great story! :thumbsupsmileyanim: but even I would easily be able to tell (at least when the sun is up) that this is a replica just by taking a quick glance at the dial :)

g. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm...... 60.000 Euros watch !!!!

That's about 18.000.000 of the old Drachmas :wacko:

Nobody can tell that this watch is a fake ...... if you are also driving a 3 Lt Lexus 4x4 , wearing an Armani suit and you spend every night at the famous Athens night clubs (so called ... Bouzoukia).

Wear it well ... and dont forget ...Med is Best.

Anytime during the day you can easily tell that it is a replica because of the silly smilling sun :) .....at night you stand a beter chance of getting away with it since the moon and the stars are up B)

The funny thing I've seen that silly smiling sun on a $3000 watch.

This is true and smilling suns can also be seen on watches much more expensive than $3000 too...

but not on anything you know should have a moonphase :p

34487-39650.jpg

If I had the wherewithal and resources, I would create a special GMT moon-phase watch for Gunnar. It would have three moon-phase subdials, so at least one smiley sun could great him at any time. I think that could be his watch from hell. :cc_surrender:

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Just wondering how good these guy's are to get all excited over a watch that has day/date sub dials?

Ken

maybe because the genuine is a day/date too (wth perpetual calender)?!

still the watch (and the other VC's) has one HUGE flaw, the subdials are printed in english and not in french as they should be

If I had the wherewithal and resources, I would create a special GMT moon-phase watch for Gunnar. It would have three moon-phase subdials, so at least one smiley sun could great him at any time. I think that could be his watch from hell. :cc_surrender:

That would be the end of me..... :lol:

BTW this it was a monphase dial should look like..always just moon + moon :)

34557-39639.jpg

The old guy also said that he has seen this watch, the real one, once in his life a few years ago and he thinks that it had a power reserve as well. To be honest this watch looks VERY good but I havent seen the real one anywhere. Is it a fantasy model? I dont care if it looks that good and even the experts rub their eyes

Yes, quite odd since this is a total fantasy watch.

Albiet a very good looking fantasy watch.

This obviously has the 250th Anniversary logo.

Certainly was not available until 2005

btw. this one is the REAL 250yrs aniversary: (and its pretty damn close... only flaw is the subdials are in english and not in french (silly flaw))

http://perfect-clones.com/product_info.php...products_id=416

Are you absolutely sure that VC would not produce a watch with English descriptions for the English speaking marked in addition to the French version?

The French (from France) are very condescending when it comes to their language and believes everyone should speak French.

It's all Greek to me.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

The French (from France) are very condescending when it comes to their language and believes everyone should speak French.

It's all Greek to me.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Only thing is, VC is not french but swiss :D

the swiss speak both, german and french :)

Only thing is, VC is not french but swiss :D

the swiss speak both, german and french :)

Seems to be rare to see a Swiss watch with German - at least I don't see many... German is not seen as a "sexy" language... though I can tell you some German women can make it sound VERY sexy :whistling: