When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Superocean steelfish

watcher

All this drivel for a $300 watch ,, if it leaks and worse case the movement gets a little rusty go get it serviced , cleaned , or buy another 2824 for $60 and have it fitted.

I mean all this macho stuff about Surf boards spear fishing and deep sea diving...... Come on folks ,, most of us dont like to get our hair wet!!! Who are you all trying to kid??

Stand by with the hairdryer....

TomH

Now that's the spirit! Good on ya mate!

Yeah, I read Grans post, in fact I read it when he first posted it. I just happen to see it different.

Just because you don't believe in physics doesn't mean they don't exist. :whistling:

I presume you know that ratings are based on static pressure and are just having a troll for comedy value, but regardless, here's the Seiko chart:

276208-2471.png

yes pugwash,

i hope the members here trust your opinion and argument.

rolli

Just because you don't believe in physics doesn't mean they don't exist. :whistling:

I presume you know that ratings are based on static pressure and are just having a troll for comedy value, but regardless, here's the Seiko chart:

276229-2469.png

You just can't help yourself, can you Pug. No body is allowed to have some fun on your watch (pun intended) no sir eeee not here, we are serious watch people who know it all...

I guess if Mr. "Sieko" says so, than it must be.

While your putting your faith in Mr. Sieko, ask him how it is that I have been surfing, diving, jacuzzi'n and shower'n in my watch that is only good for 3atm.

I guess I have a magic watch that defies physics.

The last time I checked, Bernoulli's equation is physics. You might want to argue with someone else about that :rolleyes:

Its all about litigation, if seiko says that a 5atm watch can go down 5atm and it fails they get sued, if the recomend it is only good for light swimming and the likes the chance of it failing are remote, so they dont get sued. I have an SQ 100 that used to mist up after swimming in cyprus, i would have complained but it was out of garantee. My rep asian SD has never had a problem no mater what i have done to it. Swings and roundabouts

While your putting your faith in Mr. Sieko, ask him how it is that I have been surfing, diving, jacuzzi'n and shower'n in my watch that is only good for 3atm.

Because 3ATM is a minimum? :whistling:

Just in case you never heard, I took my 10ATM Seiko Sub surface swimming off the coast of a little island off Pattaya and ... well, let's see, shall we?

276409-2385.jpg

276409-2386.jpg

276409-2387.jpg

It's not a question of faith. :victory:

I dont understand the lengthy posting and word battling of water resistant facts.

I assume we all know what kind of QC we are dealing with when it comes to them? The only sure answer is to have a leakdown test done to the watch. Every single piece will tell its own story. I would buy a steelfish for its water resistant capabilities, but I wouldn't trust it without putting it through the gamot myself.

Its all about litigation, if seiko says that a 5atm watch can go down 5atm and it fails they get sued, if the recomend it is only good for light swimming and the likes the chance of it failing are remote, so they dont get sued. I have an SQ 100 that used to mist up after swimming in cyprus, i would have complained but it was out of garantee. My rep asian SD has never had a problem no mater what i have done to it. Swings and roundabouts

BINGO!!!!!!!!! EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as one watch failing and one watch not...

Because 3ATM is a minimum? :whistling:

Just in case you never heard, I took my 10ATM Seiko Sub surface swimming off the coast of a little island off Pattaya and ... well, let's see, shall we?

It's not a question of faith. :victory:

If you would indulge me just a little Pug, I believe your situation is is precisely a case of faith. Please allow me to explain why. Earlier in this thread I posted:

"Don't be afraid! Have your watch pressure checked. If it is good to 3atm, go give it a thrashing. I think you might be surprised as to what it will endure."

"I had my rep sub pressured checked to 3atm (Approx 66ft in depth) and I have been swimming, snorkeling, surfing and jacuzzying for almost a year now and it is working flawlessly."

and lastly

"there is no reason that a diver style rep that is properly sealed and tested for a max of 3atm should be just fine for swimming, snorkeling and YES - dare I say it - DIVING INTO THE WATER!"

What I thought to be crystal clear is that I had my watch checked to be able to withstand 3atm max - my swimming etc etc with the watch was not based on "FAITH" at all, it was checked to 3atm max and I knew this to be a fact. I also know what I have done with the watch the past year to be a FACT as well.

In your situation, correct me if I am wrong, as I am guessing, you did not have your watch checked prior to swimming with it. It could have been rated to 1000atm and it would have made no difference. You swam with a watch that was not tested and on FAITH and FAITH alone you expected it to work. It didn't. That is the only fact I see in your post other than you took someone's word (faith again) that your watch wouldn't leak and it failed.

Hey, if we swim, dive etc with our watches we will all probably have a watch leak at one time or another. I had a $5,000.00 Kobold leak. I was told to change the seals every year if I continued to dive and swim with it. It was holding just fine, I let an extra year go by and low and behold, I should have listened, it leaked. The Kobold was rated to 30atm and I was surfing with it like I have been with my 3atm rep watch.

Pug, if I had any hope, other than just having a little fun with my post, it is to get people to think and not blindly regurgitate "facts" that are plucked from the internet to support what the person already wants to believe. There is no doubt that just about anyone with a modem of intelligence can pull "facts" from the interet to say what ever they want.

What my hope is (and I feel like I am rambling on with what I thought was obvious) that as we engage each other in dialog we keep an open mind and have fun finding these "facts" out for ourselves by doing. Like I said earlier, with an open mind you will sometimes find out that what is excepted as "fact" may be the farthest thing from the truth as you perceive it.

My whole point is to just have fun trying. No lives hang in the balance here, it's just a bunch of guys BS'n and trying to have some FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

Now go out and thrash those watches :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: