When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintagizing a Bezel Insert

Edge

I recently decided to undertake mods myself, I have been successfull so far with IMHO, a Beautifull 1680. Now it is the turn of the Bond Sub, which I recently received from silix. Nice watch for the price and a good starting point for mods.

This is a very quick peak into ageing the bezel insert to be more weather beaten and vintage.

REALLY SIMPLE!!!

Take 1 Muller Yoghurt.....eat said yoghurt.......wash pot........fill pot with detergent.......put insert into pot.......leave for 2 mins........rub with tissue/cloth...let dry

VERY VERY SIMPLE.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!

Do not do what I did at first and leave the insert in for 30 mins....forgot about it lol.

Here you can see the finished product on the watch, and also my first attempt lol:

35850-39358.jpg

Here she is with the beautiful 1680 I mentioned:

35850-39359.jpg

And finally Rep Rollie + Gen Dolce....perfect:

35850-39360.jpg

See how easy it is.

Enjoy!

More threads to come once I actually get the finger out and start working on the case and dial.

• 2 months later...

Hi tios,

Lo escribo en español, que es tarde y no me apetece en inglés.

Una guía de P.M. para desmantelar el submariner. Le compré uno a Edd y se le calleron la marcas luminiscentes de las horas al poco tiempo. Gracias a los consejos, he sabido abrir el reloj y pegarlas por mi cuenta. De otra forma no me hubiera atrevido a meterle mano.

Thank u all friends!!!

• 1 month later...
I was looking for those too - but they seem to be hard to come by...

As you can see on my vintage 5512, Bob - we share the same thought when it comes to vintagizing... :)

As far as shape goes it looks very close to the pearl ofrei sells, you would just have to put a little work into making look vintage. I bought the pearl mistaking thinking it could replace a modern sub pearl.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep em coming guys, I look forward to seeing your attempts Oli, I love the 5512 so let us see how that goes. Glad that y'all are giving this a go as it really is easy, and the only prob is not leaving it in the bleach too long.

Nanuq - You have PM.

• 10 months later...