When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"Pauls wannabe perfect sub" on lakeside adventure

lazarini

Now ...

alot has been said about waterproof replicas specialy waterproof subs . I think TTK put it good when he wrote that reps are ment to REPLICATE THE LOOK NOT PERFORM AS A GEN. in thread about vintage subs , and i think i must agree withthat.

Nevertheless i stept on the edge with my pauls so called perfect witch i purchased of Stephane some time ago as i was curious if it will hold the water out or not .

Actually i was lacking guts and was playing with that idea for some time till i once by mistake after comming from office took a shower with the watch on ... but to my luck nothing happend .

So i said why not just swimm with it and so i did ... no diving no nothing special just some dips in a local lake maybe deepest i went was 3 + meters max .

I just returned from the lake today and while i was there i was thinking to photograph it for u guys at the forums so i asked a friend to wear it as i was taking the pictures ...

When we came out , i put it to dry in a werry special place :whistling:

Note that the picture quality is low as it was taken with nokia n95 mobile phone ...

Enjoy and regads LAZ

277897-2038.jpg

277897-2039.jpg

277897-2040.jpg

277897-2041.jpg

277897-2042.jpg

277897-2043.jpg

Hi Hi :thumbsupsmileyanim: Can the watch also withstand milk, or is only water? :whistling:

Hi Mr S...

I learn from your post the following:

1. The watch we dealt is still surviving your various experiences :sss:

2. You're friend is looking very sympatic :oops:

3. Watch Lovers like beatifull girls too :offtopic:

Congrats for the watch, the lake and your special dryer ...it's fabulous background too :in_love:

Cheers

Stephane

PS: Is the dryer your GF ?

Hmmm... reminded me of a scene from an old 007 movie! Oh, and does your friend realize she forgot to re-tie the drawstring on your swim trunks? LOL. Great pics- glad the watch is watertight. Arty

Hey guys glad u like the pics ...

The sub has become nr1 piece the day i got it if someone would tell me its gonna get so much wrist time before i would never belive ...

NEXT ... mbw SUBS sheeeees how this hobby changes still remeber when i was checking the sub in a local AD a few months ago and beeing completely unimpresed by it ... and look at me now :) rollie avatar , sub stuck on my wrist 24/7 and reading all the posts in rolex section all the time heheheh.

@ Stephane ... this is all ure fault hahaha :)

@ arty ... yea when i saw that pictures it also reminded me of some bond movie but cant remeber witch one ( need to watch my collection of bond movies again )

@ arminvanbuuren ... amm i have a good idea what it coud be :)

regards laz

Edited by lazarini