When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona Genuine case back

kegra

Hi i was yesterday to a friends house and a guy (actualy a known actor here in greece) was wearing a daytona, i commented about his watch and asked to see it and offerd him my Pam 112h. He gave me his watch saying he is no watch enthousiast and didnt knew the brand i was wearing :), anyway the daytona looked good, but when i turned it to see the back i saw the coomon rep mistake an egraved back with winner text and other things... I told him were he bought the watch and he told me from a jewellery store in his town, i said to him but this is a rep and he immediatly said no way. this is an 100% gen daytona. :Jumpy: i hate when people do that and i went crazy i told him that i was ready to put a bet at any amount that this is a rep, to cut the long story short we have tommorow an rv at the ROLEX AD to verify the watch and the bet is set for 3.000 euros. I believe that this guy wont show up ..

As i know only the seadweller has engraved back..

comments ??

John

Hi i was yesterday to a friends house and a guy (actualy a known actor here in greece) was wearing a daytona, i commented about his watch and asked to see it and offerd him my Pam 112h. He gave me his watch saying he is no watch enthousiast and didnt knew the brand i was wearing :), anyway the daytona looked good, but when i turned it to see the back i saw the coomon rep mistake an egraved back with winner text and other things... I told him were he bought the watch and he told me from a jewellery store in his town, i said to him but this is a rep and he immediatly said no way. this is an 100% gen daytona. :Jumpy: i hate when people do that and i went crazy i told him that i was ready to put a bet at any amount that this is a rep, to cut the long story short we have tommorow an rv at the ROLEX AD to verify the watch and the bet is set for 3.000 euros. I believe that this guy wont show up ..

As i know only the seadweller has engraved back..

comments ??

John

Wow thats a massive bet!

What happens if he does actually own a gen Daytona, and is one of those people that wears a rep of his watch in order to save wear and tear on the gen! All he needs to do is show up with his gen, then hes 3,000 euros better off! Uh oh :(

Jon

Wow thats a massive bet!

What happens if he does actually own a gen Daytona, and is one of those people that wears a rep of his watch in order to save wear and tear on the gen! All he needs to do is show up with his gen, then hes 3,000 euros better off! Uh oh :(

Jon

I allready told him no daytona has engraved back and he said that his is a gen so he must come up with this watch or not at all, i he shows up with a gen without the enrgaved back its the same as admitting his loss.

The only thing he can do is If he has a gen daytona is to get out the rep case back and put it in the Gen daytona..

One question, to my knowledge the 'Winner 24' case backs were all Asian therefore all you needed to do was try the sub dials to prove it was a rep.

Ken

The subdials were working, and as to my belief this somehow had an asian vajoux..

One question, to my knowledge the 'Winner 24' case backs were all Asian therefore all you needed to do was try the sub dials to prove it was a rep.

Ken

True, I have a 116509 rep with the winner 24 engraving at the back. It is a decent rep...but not to the level of what we're used to though.

hi guys I have bad news....

John and the actor went to the rolex ad this morning...

of course it turned out to be a fake watch.

John and the actor were beaten almost to death by the secturity staff of the ad.

then they were putted on a black bag and they are on the way to geneve in switzerland.

they may end in The Hague for commiting such crimes... :wounded1:

Hi i was yesterday to a friends house and a guy (actualy a known actor here in greece) was wearing a daytona, i commented about his watch and asked to see it and offerd him my Pam 112h. He gave me his watch saying he is no watch enthousiast and didnt knew the brand i was wearing :)

comments ??

John

Who is this actor John that doesn't know anything for Panerai????? :angry:

there were some daytonas made with the winner 24 caseback, but only a limited edition i thought. This inspired the rep makers and they continued doing so for a way too long time ... hope you will win the bet :)

Frank, I believe that is correct. However, I was under the impression that the genuines with the engraved casebacks were actually given to the drivers that had participated in the 24 Hours of Daytona?

btw, I thought all the daytona with caseback 24 are cheap asian movement with fake chronos.

Are all 3 subdials working properly? Does it have asymmetric chrono pushers and correct subdial position?

Edited by cwai02

Guess What .. Didnt Show up, .. I called him telling hey man were are you and he said some bulshit about having some urgent staff to do.

Now about the watch subdials were working, no asymetric pushers, can't tell about the subdials position appears to be correct but didnt gave them so much attention after i saw the engraving.

For you that believe that this bmovie Actor had bought a rare Genuine daytona with egraved back if this is the case i am willing to give him the money and no hard fellings....

Sorry for the late reply but i had turn notifications off so i didnt kne they were new posts on that topic... I was outside the ROLEX AD wearing my beloved PAM183 :Jumpy:

John