When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finished result 1665 gen 1570 movement

kingkitesurf

I am very happy with the results of my MBW 1665. I think this one is forever....

MBW 1665 white seadweller

CG's shaped and case vintagized (worked out well IMHO)

Gen vintage triplock crown and oem tube

Gen tropic #39 superdome

Gen chocalate vintage bezel and pearl (yes! my watchmaker had it laying around and gave it with the service of the 1570!!)

Gen movement 1570 hack non-quickset date

Caseback reworked

Dial vintagized with night colour and matte varnish

Aftermarket 1570 hands

Gen springbars fitted

Waterproofed and tested in the water myself... swimming and diving t0 10 meter with no problems.

All there is left is the escape valve....

The results:

278966-1800.jpg

278966-1801.jpg

278966-1802.jpg

278966-1803.jpg

278966-1804.jpg

@ crystal... The movement is held in place just like the gen... the screws are under the ridge and you screw them out to tighten the movement into place...

@Fxr ... When is a rep to expensive... Well this movement has cost 900 USD. The total watch now comes to 1800 USD.

Three reasons for me having build this Franken...

- It's the ultimate test to see how close one can get by doing it yourself... This is the most awarding

- The gen movement gives ease of mind that the engine is at least of the real deal... unlike fake Ferraris with a Fiero engine

- The gen of this kind is not worth my 10.000 USD (in NL here is one for sale for 11.000 EURO!) to have the similar effect as this 1.800 usd one... I am dutch and you know what they say about us... we are cheap and proud of it!!!

The only thing about it is that you don't pass this one on to your kids... It just wouldn't feel right... It is for my personal use only and otherwise I will sell it (as a Franken rep!!)...

@ crystal... The movement is held in place just like the gen... the screws are under the ridge and you screw them out to tighten the movement into place...

@Fxr ... When is a rep to expensive... Well this movement has cost 900 USD. The total watch now comes to 1800 USD.

- It's the ultimate test to see how close one can get by doing it yourself... This is the most awarding

- The gen movement gives ease of mind that the engine is at least of the real deal... unlike fake Ferraris with a Fiero engine

- The gen of this kind is not worth my 10.000 USD (in NL here is one for sale for 11.000 EURO!) to have the similar effect as this 1.800 usd one... I am dutch and you know what they say about us... we are cheap and proud of it!!!

The only thing about it is that you don't pass this one on to your kids... It just wouldn't feel right... It is for my personal use only and otherwise I will sell it (as a Franken rep!!)...

Well, you and I must do lunch together...I just got an MBW 1665 and this is the ultimate. I'm getting a dial/lume job, original crown, lug hole drilling/springbar, crystal replacement treatment in phase one. Phase two will be the movement. You filed the case to depth if I remember correctly?????

Well, you and I must do lunch together...I just got an MBW 1665 and this is the ultimate. I'm getting a dial/lume job, original crown, lug hole drilling/springbar, crystal replacement treatment in phase one. Phase two will be the movement. You filed the case to depth if I remember correctly?????

Ye... just file in an 45 degree angle and you are set... fits perfectly.

A Masterpiece.

But it MUST have an HeV and gen bracelet.

Did you spray on the matte varnish before or after applying the Night Color?

I know I know... HE valve and better engravings are the last on the list... I sprayed the varnish before from 50cm distance...just one layer.... a very light haze just to get that little texture in...

I would say it was worth what you have given out and more