When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this genuine 1665 bracelet on the bay for real?

crystalcranium

Ya you can usually find a 93150 bracelet with 580 ends for a couple hundred or so bucks in not bad condition. This guy is dreaming.

-_-

Edited by L-dizzle

Guest avitt
Ya you can usually find a 93150 bracelet with 580 ends for a couple hundred or so bucks in not bad condition. This guy is dreaming.

-_-

...I don't know...I kept my eye on the 'bay for over a year, and I don't think I saw a decent one go for less than $600. These bracelets are pretty hot right now. $200 is about what I'd expect a nice set of 580's to fetch.

Of course, I could just be looking in the wrong places...

...I don't know...I kept my eye on the 'bay for over a year, and I don't think I saw a decent one go for less than $600. These bracelets are pretty hot right now. $200 is about what I'd expect a nice set of 580's to fetch.

I havent bought one in prob 4-5 years so you are probably right haha. Wow all this submariner stuff is getting expensive LOL

I wish i could go back 10 years and buy $100,000 in 1680 and 1665 watches and parts haha (lets not even talk about Comex... )

I'd be rich as hell! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have been on a similar search for a few months and the 93150 buckle itself (in good condition) often runs around $200. Of course, there are always exceptions to every rule, especially if you are patient and find yourself at the right time and place. But, on average, I have seen the bracelets going for between $550 and $950 recently.

I have been on a similar search for a few months and the 93150 buckle itself (in good condition) often runs around $200.

Do you find that the good replica fliplocks are almost as good as the Gen clasp? after all there isnt much to it.

Lonnie

The rep bracelets are as good as genuine. Just the look is a bit different. The price is absoluteley out of teh world, but every morning, an idiot gets up, selling an Oysterband for listprice/overlistprice and of questionable origin... it is genuine, but who would buy it?

I didn't question the price....just the origin. Ubi told me his bracelet upgrade was in this price range. The rep bracelets are pretty close to the real deal so this would probably be the last upgrade.

Maybe cooler heads will prevail world wide and no one will buy it for this price. I'd be interested to see the relisting.

Do you find that the good replica fliplocks are almost as good as the Gen clasp? after all there isnt much to it.

Lonnie

Functionally, some of the better rep bracelets are nearly as good as the gens. But if you know what to look for, there ARE small differences. For most higher quality rep watches, the rep bracelet is surprisingly good. But if you are going to the trouble of constructing a proper frankenwatch and you have reached the point where the bracelet becomes the weakest link, then I think it makes sense to pay the going rate for the gen parts.

The best price I've ever seen on a decent one was $550 as memory serves...

Monday, there was a short 93150 w/ end pieces offered for $525 obo on TZ

Today, there is a 93150 buckle for $260.

Also a P-serial 16610 for $3100- not a bad price in my mind.

Seems like 4-6 months ago you could pick up decent 93150's in the $400-450 range. djpropel had one on ebay for buy it now price of $450 three to four months ago.

I may try to get a few rep bands from Paul- the end pieces may not be 100%, but they do have hollow mid-links. But I guess someday I'll have to break down and buy a gen 93150 for my gen 1680.