When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silix is ready to Sell them

klingsor

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually the one that Connery wore in Dr. No...

283391-10022.jpg

Kind of hard to justify spending so much on a bezel when the dial is so far off...

Blimey, I spent a lot of time investigating this and that was the only link I came up with, too. Thanks for the info, Keyhole!

I wonder where the linked to post got its info, and if perhaps like today's 007, there were several versions used in the first films (although I know that Albert Broccoli apparently slipped off his own Rolex, and gave it to Sean Connery to use). 550ft. Keen eye, but argh, ruins it. :thumbdown:

Why do the almost all collectors always do this with their reps? It's as I said, it's almost on purpose, maybe out of superstition. I can't believe it's laziness, or just lack of quality control.

Not sure what to do now. Order it, in the version of the photo I uploaded because at $58 it's practically GIVEN away, or take a pass on an unrepeatable offer. How many substandard watches don't I have already? Boo.

Indeed, the guinea is fine, her teeth will have fully regrown in two weeks, it was just annoying that she'd snapped the two top teeth off, as that meant the bottom teeth also needed removing, so they'd grow back evenly. Had it only been one tooth (of either set) it wouldn't've required a trip to the vet. Oh well, that's the responsibility of being a pet owner :)

Indeed. Just goes to show that owning anything requires patience, love, and a good sense of humour. And money...

Here's a picture from when we got her last year...

Cute cute! :group:

Name?

(always wanted to use that emoticon)

I think at this point that you can send some encouragement to Jay, or some discouragement. The former will not cost you much and may get you a watch that may get you (and Jay) to the next step. The latter choice will not get you anything but discouragement and more complaining. I plan to buy one and hopefully more as soon as Jay gets things up and running on this. Three years ago those who thought this might work just went forward, and that's why we are here today. Have a little confidence and spend a little money. And thanks again to Klingsor for setting this up!

Indeed. Just goes to show that owning anything requires patience, love, and a good sense of humour. And money...

Absolutely. I'd equate having a small pet like a guinea to having a child, as both are entirely reliant on the owner/parent for care, food and shelter, and, unlike a child, a guinea will be reliant on it's owner all it's life...

Cute cute! :group:

Name?

(always wanted to use that emoticon)

Her name is Patches. We adopted her from a friend of my fiance's, who had found her in her garden shed in a rat poison box, covered in rat poison. (It turned out the next door neighbours had bought two guineas, one had died, so they are suspected of 'letting her go' :thumbdown: ) She was taken in, cleaned up and made comfortable, but not expected to survive the night. When she did survive, they couldn't keep her as they had dogs and cats, so we said we would take care of her (we already had two guineas at the time, we now have seven) and the only conditions were that we pay for the cage, and that we kept the name she had been given by the friend's children. We've now had her just over a year, and she is without question the favorite of our guineas. Although they are sociable 'herd' animals, Patches does not like the company of other guineas, and only enjoys Human company, but with people, she is extremely loving and friendly :)

I'm in. :1a:

But can someone tell me which version I should order, in terms of authenticity, etc?

I'd like to know that too.

This would be my first Rolex by the way. :p

TeeJay>>

My first pet was a guinnea pig.

Lovely creatures.

What most people don't know is that they have quite some character.

In Sweden Fred Flinstone is simply called Flinta.

That's what I named her(!).

TeeJay>>

My first pet was a guinnea pig.

Lovely creatures.

What most people don't know is that they have quite some character.

In Sweden Fred Flinstone is simply called Flinta.

That's what I named her(!).

Same here, I had a pair of guineas when I was 8 who lived for 7 and 8 years, respectively. More recently, we decided to get a pair of Himalayan guineas last year, then just kept on getting more, till we have our herd of 7. Two sets of paired males, one set of paired females (twin sisters, actually from triplets) and Patches, who has to be kept seperate from the others or she fights with them :black_eye: It's wierd, she hates guinea pigs, but loves people...

Indeed, they have loads of character, even the more 'reserved' guineas have character in their own way, they are indeed lovely creatures and I'd say they are pretty much the ideal pet :)

I think at this point that you can send some encouragement to Jay, or some discouragement. The former will not cost you much and may get you a watch that may get you (and Jay) to the next step. The latter choice will not get you anything but discouragement and more complaining. I plan to buy one and hopefully more as soon as Jay gets things up and running on this. Three years ago those who thought this might work just went forward, and that's why we are here today. Have a little confidence and spend a little money. And thanks again to Klingsor for setting this up!

:rolleyes: tnks ....

in the old topic i have told to all interested people to suggest mods they would like to have starting from the beta that silix has show to me....

there were only few suggest.... so considering that it's a good starting for a modder and considering the cost i 'm glad of these reps....

the modding cost would be high ?

i don't care so much.... it's my hobby...

more.......to everybody .....silix are interested to see the modded ones....

so please after mods post your pics here and to A&J

M

I'm still waiting on mine. I gave up on finding a vintage nodate Sub (everybody is out of stock) so I ordered a 5517 from Silix. Then they advised me that these were available so I went with this one in addition to the 5517. I think this is like a 6538 (other than the band and bezel) ?:

286715-8058.jpg

Edited by predfan2001

I'm still waiting on mine. I gave up on finding a vintage nodate Sub (everybody is out of stock) so I ordered a 5517 from Silix. Then they advised me that these were available so I went with this one in addition to the 5517. I think this is like a 6538 (other than the band and bezel) ?:

287256-7772.jpg

I noticed that the watch in the photo does not have the red triangle surrounding the pearl. This is the version that I am looking for as well. Is this model being offered by Silix? If so, is there a specific model number that one should reference?

And I understand from Silix that these models can also come with eta-2836 and sapphire crystal but at a higher price (around double the price). So is eta-2836 consider a better movement compared to the standard asia 17 jewels? And is it worth to get the higher price model? Thanks.