When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen 6497 CN movement has landed at my house...

I am home from from my travels for the past two weeks, and the Davidsen Chinese Copy of the 6497-1 movement is waiting for me.

Davidsen asked me if I would do an unbiased review of the movement and post my comments here. He sent me the movement at his cost, and in turn I will review it for the members here and post my comments and impressions.

I am expecting to be able to do a detailed review of it this weekend (Time permitting).

First impressions are good, fit, finish, and quality of the parts looks great.

A big added suprise is the fact that this model has the Longer Cannon And Hour wheels already installed...a great and much needed upgrade for all PAM's that suffer from the short shaft syndrome. The first thing I did was pull the hour and cannon pin off, and put them under the micrometer. They are within 0.01 mm of the ETA specs. So that is a good start.

The other good part is the bridges are the correct PAM style ones, not the squared off ETA ones, so another plus in favor of the movement.

First thing will be to put the movement on the timer, and see how it looks as delivered.

So I hope to have something done up in the next 24 hours...

Stay tuned and thanks for the continuing support and comments on the existing articles I have in my sub forum, if only I had more time or didnt' need to sleep...I could get more done...

Cheers,

RG

I love these reviews, but I could care less about Pam's. I keep thinking they'll start growing on me some day, but nothing yet.

However, I am hoping that the improvement in quality of Chinese watch movements will continue!