When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Link

PunkJr

Just bought my first rep in years. A blue faced Tag Heuer Link from Josh. Looks to be a good quality rep with the ETA movement. I don't really like Tag's, infact it is one of the last brands of watches that I would buy (gen) because fashion watches aren't my bag. this is a daily beater and i think that the quality would be very similar to the original, using the same movement and all the rest of the parts aren't made in the Tag factory, just like the gen!

anyone else have this watch...opinions?

anyone else have this watch...opinions?

Just inquired about the White Dial to Josh. Will be pulling the trigger very very soon. Looks very very close to the gen - dial that is....Enjoy the watch and post some pics ! :D

I just got this exact watch the other day from Josh and I am very satisfied. I also purchased a GMT Master II from Josh and a black Submariner from Eddie Lee and the the Tag is by far my favorite. The bands on both of the Rolexes are very light weight. I've never owned a gen (or a rep until I got these) so I have nothing to compare to but the first thing I thought when I first handled both of the Rolexes was "Damn what a cheap band. It feels like a fake." From what I have read, it seems like the majority of the replica rolexes have this same type of band. It looks genuine, just feels cheap. The tag on the other hand feels solid. The clasp is nice and thick and snaps firmly into place. I would have to get some pliers to bend any part of the band or clasp on the Tag. On the rolexes, I could bend the clasp with my bare hands quite easily.

The bands on both of the Rolexes are very light weight. I've never owned a gen (or a rep until I got these) so I have nothing to compare to but the first thing I thought when I first handled both of the Rolexes was "Damn what a cheap band. It feels like a fake." From what I have read, it seems like the majority of the replica rolexes have this same type of band. It looks genuine, just feels cheap.

Genuine Rolex bracelet feels extremely cheap and the replica bracelet (properly oiled and polished) is practically 100% identical with the genuine. The old solid middle link rep bracelet was WAY heavier and had much better feel than a genuine Rolex Oyster band.

I always wonder why most noobs think that genuine Rolexes are heavy watches. Nothing could be further from the truth... they feel flimsy and featherweight when compared to Breitling, Omega or even Oris. Even most $150 Invictas are heavier.

My father's genuine GMT Master weighs 120 grams!!! You wouldn't believe how flimsy the bracelet is, it feels almost ridiculous compared to my replica Seamaster.

PS: Congrats for the TAG PunkJr. Post some pics when you receive it, unfortunately we don't see TAG reps very often.

Edited by By-Tor

That makes me feel a little better. I was worried when I first received it that someone was going to feel the watch and call me out on it. I guess its the way the band sort of rattles when you gently shake it. It feels like it is extremely hollow. What do you oil your watches with? That sounds like it could very well fix the rattling effect.

err, does this mean that the Tag is no longer you're favaourite :)

thanks for the reply, it looks to be a solid watch, and whilst i have a strong preference to the gen rolex's, i think this tag rep is every bit as good as the gen. my opinion may change when i handle the watch though, but i'll be sure to post some pics.

err, does this mean that the Tag is no longer you're favaourite :)

Nope... Still my favorite. I actually wanted a Tag before I wanted a Rolex so that and the fact that the Tag seems so much more durable is why I prefer it. I think I may get anonther Tag in the future. I might go for a white Link just like the one I have. Or maybe a chrono.

How is the Tag Link bracelet? Each link should be two parts but in reps I've seen so far it is just one piece with a line down the middle to give it the effect of being like the genuine thing.