When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap Decision

dariusp

This is probably geared toward the "strap lords" here on the board, but if you have knowledge of either of these straps I would appreciate some info/feedback.

I know that the Europelli Shell Cordovan is supposed to be one of the end all be all straps around, but the baseball strap looks good to me as well. I'm looking at Black on Black for either one.

For those that have either, what can you tell me about them. Softness, durability, look. I know that the Baseball has a matte finish as opposed to the shiny Shell, but how does the black baseball react to glove oil or conditioner? Does it look better or have a luster to it?

Thanks guys!

Oh yeah, the other strap I'm looking at is the football one. Is there any special care or conditioner for that one? Can't think of what you put on a football to protect the leather on that.

This reply has nothing to do with raising my cash limit. :rolleyes:

OK, but how do they compare? Why Shell over Baseball?

Edited by dariusp

I would love to have a baseball strap, along with a baseball couch, and some baseball center inserts for my leather interior on my truck! :Jumpy:

Yeah I guess you could say i may be a little partial to baseball leather!

Jon

get the baseball (cheerleaders) and the shell cordovan strap!

I have the Europelli Vinatge Cordovan and it is excellent. Soft as butttah...tough as [censored]...I have "handled" the Baseball straps and let's just say...I'll be picking one up here in the very near future...BTW, have u looked at any of the Greg Stevens straps? They are killer...

I've got all three... black shell cord, natural bb, and black bb, They are all beautiful straps.

I would say the shell cord would be the most durable, the BB straps are softer and more comfortable.

The shell cords will lose their shine over time and I have had two shrink in width by 1mm, which drives me absolutely nuts.

Get both, then you have a choice what to wear.

Thanks for the info guys! They are going to be for the 111 I have already that is on a SS Bracelet, and I'm looking to get a 113 in the near future. Like I said the football strap is one I want for sure, but I can't decide on Shell or Baseball. Since the football is brown, I know the other will be black, which is why I didn't give the Natural Baseball as one of the options. Also, do you guys get buckles for each strap or switch them around?

Baseball for the Spring/Summer, Football for the Fall/Early Winter.

If that's the case, then I would need Natural and Black BB, Black Shell and Football. I might as well get Basketball too. :brow:

I already own a Vintage Oxblood with white stitching Shell Cordovan strap from Drew and last weekend I got a quote from him for the Natural Tan Baseball Glove strap!

Today I sent him the cash for the Baseball one. I'm really looking forward to it and I actually said to him in an email earlier "I reckon this lighter strap will be my 'summer' strap and the darker Cordovan one I currently have will be the 'winter' strap. "

(Until I want another one, that is) ;)

So the answer is simple. Get both.

K.

If that's the case, then I would need Natural and Black BB, Black Shell and Football. I might as well get Basketball too. :brow:

You can get them all and if you don't like one of them you can easily sell them with a bit of loss ;)