When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Relume & Modders in Europe

iwan66

I am new on this forum and wondering if there is any possibility to mod & relume a 111h inside Europe, as i have worries about customs issues, if

i send my watch to canada or us... Is there no alternative? Would be great to hear some advice or opinions (also for others memebers maybe who have same

concerns.) Attached picture of my 111h.

post-7226-1185712052_thumb.jpg

I am new on this forum and wondering if there is any possibility to mod & relume a 111h inside Europe, as i have worries about customs issues, if

i send my watch to canada or us... Is there no alternative? Would be great to hear some advice or opinions (also for others memebers maybe who have same

concerns.) Attached picture of my 111h.

Try Tommyhighway, he lives in England.

... and he's no longer in this hobby. :whistling:

If someone wants to buy me some Superlume, I'll learn how to do it. :D

If you want something to practice with, I have a AE superb lume kit your welcome to...it's complete, and great to practice your technique before you go at the real thing...

Unless your going to only do sandwich dials, you really need to get a number of lumes under your belt as practice, before you go at dials.

If you want this kit, let me know...

RG

If you want something to practice with, I have a AE superb lume kit your welcome to...it's complete, and great to practice your technique before you go at the real thing...

Rob and I have come to an agreement, so I'll be learning how to relume shortly. :D

I'll then have to consider offering my services, which the amount of PMs I'm getting tell me I should do. I'll get some T&Cs written up to cover me from breaking other peoples' watches, but having seen the results of some of our supermodders, I don't think I'll have too many problems matching acceptable quality. :whistling:

In a few decades, I'll be nearly as good as The Zigmeister was when he was just starting out. :D

ps. Anyone got a spare MBW 1680/1665 dial for me to practice on?

pps. Don't even consider asking about cannon pinions as I simply don't have the tools or the parts.

ppps. Don't flood me with PMs asking for work. We're not there yet.

Nice to have a future lumer in the EU.

@rolli

a cannon pinion fix is simple as long as it fits immediately and if the friction is OK.

If you run into friction problems you need a lot of experience and tools to do the job.

Regards,

Cats

yes, but also this is possible and not too difficult.

you need the normal tools and a hand grinder and a good mood.

and in between the work a lot of phone calls and thousend rwg emails.

and then pugy jumps out of the window to the next brain doctor,

or used a pump gun for the members.

rolli

Nice to have a future lumer in the EU.

@rolli

a cannon pinion fix is simple as long as it fits immediately and if the friction is OK.

If you run into friction problems you need a lot of experience and tools to do the job.

Regards,

Cats

Unless your going to only do sandwich dials, you really need to get a number of lumes under your belt as practice, before you go at dials.

If you want this kit, let me know...

RG

The Zigmeister do you want and live in Holland, i will help you move :o:o:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: