When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new daily beater.. and for the next 1+ month

V

Well a surprise here..

I have bought a new house and I am about 10-12 hours a day working on site.. So I wear my old Swatch skin because it is extra light and i don't care if I ruin it.. I usually wear it at the gym but now it has a more important mission...

I wouldn't even thought of wearing a Panerai on a construction site :p

Plus I wanted to tell you that I do not have much time now to browse RWG so you will miss my strap photography :p

I will visit though every day and reply to PMs :)

292756-4230.jpg

Hey V-

Italian frogman will wear their Panerai wile trying to detonate ships but you won't wear one while redoing your house? :lol:

On a serious note, best of luck on the house. :)

I know I know.. if someone will promess me that my 112 will be 100x times more valuable in 20 years (the more beat up the better) than I may start wearing it..

Although I don't now how many days it will survive with the 'wallpaper removal' steam.. My house is like a hammam with all the bloody wallpaper I have to strip :p

ANyways.. thanks for the good words Warren.. I need the luck because the house is old and I plan to do most of the renovation myself :p

All the best V!

I am in a house that dates back to the mid 1800's. I spent the better part of my time off this summer with house projects. My next venture is to turn our old cistern into a wine cellar. Share some of your stories when you have time.

I wouldn't wear my 112 either.

Aah, no guts no glory. That is why you have a gen. Your AD can always get it back to snuff. :lol: Actually, I am just teasing. I am fairly careful with all my watches. I still don't take my gens swimming ever since I destroyed the movement on my Royal Oak and the AD informed me a new movement would be $1,500-2,000. And it isn't even a movement with complications. :bangin:

They don't build houses like they used to. There is a reason people fight over these old homes... the new one's they're making these days are all cardboard... even the really expensive ones I see going up are built with the same crap materials as the houses put up for welfare communities here....

The only way to get a solidly constructed place to live these days is to either oversee construction privately from scratch with a reputable builder or get an older house to renovate.

Thanks guys for your kind words and wishes...

I have renovated a house in Greece but haven't put any personal work because I was working.

Now the challenge is bigger first because I am in a foreign country without a full perception of the system, and second because since I am not working I will put a lot of personal work and being a perfectionist is a small obstacle :p

Thanks guys for your kind words and wishes...

I have renovated a house in Greece but haven't put any personal work because I was working.

Now the challenge is bigger first because I am in a foreign country without a full perception of the system, and second because since I am not working I will put a lot of personal work and being a perfectionist is a small obstacle :p

Hey V!

Just to let you know that in two posts, I told the guys here you were away on a project, and wouldn't be around for 5-6 weeks. Didn't say what it was, out of discretion. ;)

And you know, I didn't even check the envelope in which you sent me the strap. I presumed it was Greece, but you say you're in a new country, hmm. Interesting. Good luck!

I found an apartment locally that is double the price V can get his house for... and it also needs complete refurbishment. Such is big city life, only a 100 miles away :black_eye:

1-2 bedroom apartments can go for ridiculous prices here. Many people say this area is rough yet a 1 bedroom apartment (with no parking available) costs USD$ 500,000 at the bottom of the street :(

Once I find a cheap place, that'll be no watches for a looooong time.

Godd luck V-man.... hope it goes well.

Edited by Chronus

1-2 bedroom apartments can go for ridiculous prices here. Many people say this area is rough yet a 1 bedroom apartment (with no parking available) costs USD$ 500,000 at the bottom of the street :(

I think I speak for every sane person here when I say - it's time to find a more affordable location!!!

London is like that though. You want the work, you pay the price. The salaries there are about high enough to cover the prices.

It's a little different when you are born and raised there ... going elsewhere is not the same, at least in the UK... and going to Europe means learning a new language. Not easy for everyone :black_eye:

And salaries are not high enough, it is more than 5 times my salary just to go for that USD$ 500k apartment.... ONE bedroom... crazy. And in a rough neighbourhood with the local Albanian and Kurdish mafia...!

A friend says it's about time for a house price crash and advises me not to buy now. He's renting and waiting, but it's ok for him, he can always take his savings and move back to New Zealand!

A friend says it's about time for a house price crash and advises me not to buy now. He's renting and waiting, but it's ok for him, he can always take his savings and move back to New Zealand!

When house prices are rocketing and rent is staying the same, you know it's a bubble: If a house's true value increases, rental on an identical property would increase at the same rate. :black_eye: